New dog!

detmatt

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
It was time, my girl and I have picked out our new puppy. She is only 5 weeks old so we couldn't bring her home yet and yes, she is a Great Dane! No name as of yet, any suggestions?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good for you Matt. I know that dog is going to get smothered with love. As she should!!!

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I'm glad that you are getting a puppy and I am sure a void that has been missing in your life will be filled again. Keep us up to date with pictures once to get her home.

Who's Mark? LOL! Thanks Stan, Mike, Fred, Gary and Bryan!
She does look sleepy Gary, that's for sure!

Last edited:
Congratulations Matt.
I hope you will have a great time with him
I would call him "Roadi" as you have a junkyard dog Runner :))

Thanks Carsten but it's a girl...
I want you all to know how often I think about how incredible you all were when Duesenberg passed.

Ahhh.. Once you have a Great Dane, you will always have a Great Dane. I'm trying to figure out her color. Fawnequin??

Greta Garbo owned a Model J Duesenberg. Maybe Garbo??

Ahhh.. Once you have a Great Dane, you will always have a Great Dane. I'm trying to figure out her color. Fawnequin??

Greta Garbo owned a Model J Duesenberg. Maybe Garbo??
That has possibilities John, thanks for that! As for her color? These aren't pro breeders so they are all kind of muts within the breed. Dad is 150 lbs and a merle and white and mom is 110 lbs and is black and white but not a mantle. You can see a bit of the merle spots on her ears but for the most part she's fawn.
Duesenberg was a fawn mantle with harlequin spots on his belly.

Last edited:
Cute dog, how about Dana, since she is going to be big and heavy and unbreakable ? :icon_lol:

Cute dog, how about Dana, since she is going to be big and heavy and unbreakable ? :icon_lol:
Another contender, thanks man!
i suggested Chelsea but my girl knows one so thats out.

Congratulation Matt, She is a real cutie !!! :eek:ccasion14:

How about
naming her Žemyna

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Žemyna (derived from žemėearth) is the goddess of the earth in Lithuanian mythology. She is usually regarded as mother goddess and one of the chief Lithuanian gods similar to Latvian Zemes māte. Žemyna personifies the fertile earth and nourishes all life on earth, human, plant, and animal.[h=1][/h]

Back