New guy/First Mopar/Wagon lover

Prof

Reaction score
Well, I recently purchased a '68 Town and Country. This is not my first or only wagon, but it is my first Mopar. It is a solid, original car. It was purchased new on December 13, 1967, by Mr. Edward B. Robinson at Bill Binko Chrysler Plymouth in Fort Lauderdale, FL. Mr. Robinson paid $6,051.06. I have the original title, sales agreement, and dealer invoice. It has a 383ci engine.

It has the following options:

- vinyl split bench seat
- air conditioning
- power seat L 6-way (power driver seat)
- radio AM-FM
- power windows
- tailgate washer (yes it is a window washer for the tailgate window - rare
option)
- luggage rack
- right head rest (passenger head rest)
- tinted glass
- left remote mirror
- door moldings
- deluxe lap belts
- undercoat
- 8.85x14 white side wall tires

It also has a reclining passenger seat.

I have the original hubcaps. However, at some point, someone changed out the original 14 inch wheels for 15 inch wheels. I am looking for some nice 15 inch hubcaps for it. Any suggestions? It has the original jack in the spare tire compartment.

I bought it in December but, because of the "polar vortex", I was unable to do anything with it. I really want to wash it and clean the interior. I polished a small section of each bumper. They will polish out well.

The very end of the hood has some holes due to rust. I think it was dripped on over the years.

I haven't decided if I will keep it or sell it. Right now, I am leaning toward selling it. Nothing definite yet. I'm still playing with it. If anyone has an interest, send me a message.

Here is a link to the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9245182...7639987651044/

Check them out and let me know what you think. This is my first Mopar, so I would appreciate any advice or information from you Mopar lovers. Thanks in advance.

IMG_5915.jpg

Kool wagon, looks like a keeper to me! Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

YO Prof, KEEEEEPAH THE SLABBY LONG ROOF. Your new hood is waiting for you at "Best Auto and Used Parts" In Palmetto, Georgia. take ah couple sockets with you and I bet they'd help you swap 'um out, AND IT'S WHITE TOO...770-306-9000. See how easy that waz? Jer

YO Prof, KEEEEEPAH THE SLABBY LONG ROOF. Your new hood is waiting for you at "Best Auto and Used Parts" In Palmetto, Georgia. take ah couple sockets with you and I bet they'd help you swap 'um out, AND IT'S WHITE TOO...770-306-9000. See how easy that waz? Jer

Thanks Jer!!! I'll check into that.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments and the welcomes. She will hopefully go in the shop next week for a thorough going over. The guy loves old Chryslers and he is looking forward to working on her. She's a little stiff in places from sitting for a while, so it will take a little time to get her limbered up again.

Definitely need some good looking 15 inch hubcaps. I have the original 14's, but someone changed them to 15's. Any suggestions on what would fit and look good?

Thanks

My 67 has 15 inch wheels and a set of these hubcaps which I've been told were standard on the 68 disc brake cars....

DSC00668.jpg

WOF2.jpg

Very Cool wagon by the way. There was a 68 exactly the same for sale here in NZ which I was considering but it was a 6 seater and I really needed the 3rd row.

My 67 has 15 inch wheels and a set of these hubcaps which I've been told were standard on the 68 disc brake cars....

I really like those. I'll have to see if I can locate a set. Your car looks great!

What do you think of these? They are from a '72/'73 Chrysler.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Last edited:
Better buy 8 so that when you lose them you'll have extras...

Sorry, I'm a wheel cover hater.

Me too Stormer. Used to live on ah gravel road. Every time my wife would air mail ah cap I'd make ah trip to the local mopar bone yard and try to find and buy a replacement. That lasted for 'bout two replacements and then I could find no more so I did the next logical thing. I bought 3 that would fit the right side of the car so then I had a spare for each side! Got away with it for 6 yearz thru' two carz 'til she busted me. To this day I have no idea who ratted me out but we buy nothing but aluminum wheelz on EVERYTHING WE DRIVE NOW.......Solved the problem and ended the marital war and she'z back to just climbing in without doing ah walk around inspection every time! Life iz so much better now!

Better buy 8 so that when you lose them you'll have extras...

Sorry, I'm a wheel cover hater.

Me too Stormer. Used to live on ah gravel road. Every time my wife would air mail ah cap I'd make ah trip to the local mopar bone yard and try to find and buy a replacement. That lasted for 'bout two replacements and then I could find no more so I did the next logical thing. I bought 3 that would fit the right side of the car so then I had a spare for each side! Got away with it for 6 yearz thru' two carz 'til she busted me. To this day I have no idea who ratted me out but we buy nothing but aluminum wheelz on EVERYTHING WE DRIVE NOW.......Solved the problem and ended the marital war and she'z back to just climbing in without doing ah walk around inspection every time! Life iz so much better now!

Well, since I am not planning on investing in any sort of wheels, wheel covers are my only option. I just want to make sure that I find some that are compatible with my steel wheels. Do you think these will work?

Back