New guy here

robb25j

Reaction score
Hello everyone here is my 69 fury 3 just purchased her today I'll be taking her home after the holidays . Well towing her home she has no keys and sat for over 16 years right there in that spot
20220618_121944.jpg

20220618_121643.jpg

Glad you're saving the car from sitting and rusting!
The well-meaning or self-deluded owner who says, "I'm going to restore that car one day" and then lets it rust into the ground. Hope the frame is OK

Congrats and best of luck in saving it "to drive another day"! When done, it should make a nice "drive-around" car that is spacious, comfortable, and reasonably economical to operate. Presuming it is a 318 TF car, from the looks of it?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Welcome Aboard--- and glad that you are giving him a " NEW Life "....
That is a Living Room on wheels !!!

Congrats!
Heads up the ignition switch and key cylinder is 69 only for C bodies.
To move the car, drop a battery in, just power up the coil and cross the starter relay terminals and should fire up. Mind you the charging system will be inop but at least get her going.

Last edited:
Welcome form Michigan the place where a car sits for 16 years the bottom 3 inches of sheet metal are gone. You Texas guys got it easy.

Welcome form Michigan the place where a car sits for 16 years the bottom 3 inches of sheet metal are gone. You Texas guys got it easy.
Blowing sand can still sift in past the window lower seals, which collects at the bottom of the door inards, which can get wet and stay that way long enough for inner rust to happen, over the years. Moreso in the Abliene and west areas than in the major metro areas, though. Of course, the lower rear window issues can happen anywhere. But nothing like what salt can do to the lower body!

Congrats to you sir and welcome to the forum. Once you wake her up and make her feel good she will return the love in huge quantities!!! 69 a great year and my favorite year Fury, I love mine.

If you change your mind and just want to part it out , I would be interested in your rear doors and front fenders , if not enjoy your Mopar I have the same car and just got her on the road , I bought the asbestos brake shoes from a guy on this site and the brakes gave me a hard time , replaced everything and it pulls to the right when braking , the shop said the shoes didn’t look as thick as the new stuff today , other than that it runs good , just have to replace exhaust and then start on the body

Back