New Holley gas tank

Bob68fury

Reaction score
In case anyone was wondering, a b body gas tank fits a c body with little issues.

Screenshot_20200913-142548.png

What were "the issues"?

Thanks,
CBODY67

Looks good but have you lost capacity? Is a "b" body tank smaller than one for a "c" body?
The Holley tank I got is only 19 gallons. I'm cool with it though, just means more gas station stops. They got snacks and beer almost always.

In the '60s, many cars had 20 gallon tanks. Our C-body cars were usually 24-25 gallons. To me, the real short-term advantage came when I looked at what the two tanks cost on www.rockauto.com, comparativbely.

Which tank straps did you use with the B-body tank, as the C-body straps are about 8" longer, from my research?

Thanks,
CBODY67

In the '60s, many cars had 20 gallon tanks. Our C-body cars were usually 24-25 gallons. To me, the real short-term advantage came when I looked at what the two tanks cost on www.rockauto.com, comparativbely.

Which tank straps did you use with the B-body tank, as the C-body straps are about 8" longer, from my research?

Thanks,
CBODY67
The ones that came with the tank work great!

I got everything I needed for my 68 300 for under $150 on eBay.
Tank, sender, and grommet for 68 Satellite.
Thanks

I got everything I needed for my 68 300 for under $150 on eBay.
Tank, sender, and grommet for 68 Satellite.
Thanks

The b-body tank fits very good with no problems, and the price was right. Even came nicely painted.
I remembered I had an old rusty 69 GTO tank sitting in a parts car, so I cut off the filler neck and it fits well in the rubber grommet. But of course the filler is fighting going in the grommet now that the tank is mounted. Next I will replace all the rubber fuel lines and filler up. I'm happy with this tank.

image.jpeg

So I have encountered two issues while completing the install, b-body sender has 3/8 outlet to carb.
C-body line is 5/16. Sender has an additional 1/4 outlet, I'm thinking I will just plug that as there are already two vents on the tank and no return from the fuel pump. One last thing is that the original c-body straps fit perfectly, the tank is more narrow than stock tank.

Back