New ignition parts.... did I purchase bad items?

kenfyoozed

Reaction score
Starting to feel a little buyers remorse after i bought a few parts for my '67 300 440. It had an unknown, new distributor, orange box, cheap plug wires when I bought the car. On whim after being able to drive it again I decided to order a new Hi-Rev box and the goodies off eBay from Rick Ehrenberg. Below is what I bought. After purchase i was looking for a pdf that goes along with these items, thinking it may be posted on some forum. I then start reading about how crappy his stuff is. Did i waste my money?

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.23.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.23.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 11.23.57 PM.png

That looks like the same parts anyone else sells, those kits quality isn't the best since they started making them in China.

Rick is one of the better E bayer's out there, I've purchased a few item's from him with no problems. Check out the thread Orange Box, Dave & Bill have a lot of knowledge between them. Keep us posted.

Last edited:
The Rick ErhenBerg stuff is done to OEM quality and is not a problem at all. I have bought this kit a number of times and it is good. If the coil is true OEM it shouldn't be a problem either. I cant comment on the plug wires, I dont know the brand.

Starting to feel a little buyers remorse after i bought a few parts for my '67 300 440. I decided to order a new Hi-Rev box and the goodies off eBay from Rick Ehrenberg. Below is what I bought. After purchase i was looking for a pdf that goes along with these items, thinking it may be posted on some forum. I then start reading about how crappy his stuff is. Did i waste my money?

Where did you obtain this info from, name your sources! E-Booger is one of the better if not the best person to be dealing with for Mopar stuff. He has a high reputation that he takes great pride in. My brother has done many a biz transactions with him, and has NEVER had a problem, with Product or Tech support!! I want to know where you got this from? Good Luck

Where did you obtain this info from, name your sources! E-Booger is one of the better if not the best person to be dealing with for Mopar stuff. He has a high reputation that he takes great pride in. My brother has done many a biz transactions with him, and has NEVER had a problem, with Product or Tech support!! I want to know where you got this from? Good Luck

Abodiesonly.com---- from threads over there....

I guess you haven't spent enough time over there to have learned that? I only go there for the /6 section, those folks are the worst of them!!! Good Luck

I was just searching for the pdf of the install and the A and B bodies forums popped up and that where I saw the ugly stuff. Now i got to find my notes on setting the timing with vacuum

As mentioned,E-Booger'ss stuff is of good quality.
I purchased from him in the past without any problems from theparts nor from my buying experiences.
he is a straight shooter,no BS

Back