New member and 66 Newport Convertible

SmittysDroptop

Reaction score
I just purchased a 66 Newport convertible and Im sure Ill be leaning on your collective knowledge to help with some minor issues that need attention.
The last car I owned was 35 years ago in high school.. so I have a little catching up to do in regards to old cars.
Thanks for sharing the knowledge you guys have to everyone.

Smitty
Resized_20220806_190314.jpg

I just purchased a 66 Newport convertible and Im sure Ill be leaning on your collective knowledge to help with some minor issues that need attention.
The last car I owned was 35 years ago in high school.. so I have a little catching up to do in regards to old cars.
Thanks for sharing the knowledge you guys have to everyone.

Smitty
View attachment 551038

Hey! Way-ta-go on scoring that car. One of my favorite colors too.

Of course, you realize we hafta have pictures and the story of the car.

Rip

Ill get more pictures when I get home around Labor day. Indiana is home still, but the last 4+ yrs Ive been working in Texas.
Im trying to piece together the cars story.

I was able to get home and pick up the car from my buddy who picked it up from the seller and get it home.
Very pleased overall and have some minor issues to deal with- which i knew about.
Got it registered and titled yesterday as well, and put a few miles on it. Drove pretty nice considering the contr arm bushings are all dried out as was expected. Ill be taking it to a local shop to get fixed as I trust the old guy there to do good work.
Car has a small exhaust leak and I woukd mist likely put on a dual exhaust. Anyone recommend TTI over Waldron or any other source out there?

IMG_9748.jpg

20220902_180318.jpg

20220902_200318.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

I gotta say im very attracted to that Queen! Is that turbine bronze, that looks amazing. Never let that one go!

I was able to get home and pick up the car from my buddy who picked it up from the seller and get it home.
Very pleased overall and have some minor issues to deal with- which i knew about.
Got it registered and titled yesterday as well, and put a few miles on it. Drove pretty nice considering the contr arm bushings are all dried out as was expected. Ill be taking it to a local shop to get fixed as I trust the old guy there to do good work.
Car has a small exhaust leak and I woukd mist likely put on a dual exhaust. Anyone recommend TTI over Waldron or any other source out there?

View attachment 555900

View attachment 555901

View attachment 555902

View attachment 555903
Beautiful car!
I recommend a trustworthy exhaust shop. On my 1970 Fury, TTI send the wrong hangers twice and the install did not match the diagram as far as tail pipe and placement on rear subframe. Lots of work and still not completely satisfied. Others will say TTI hung the moon, but watch out for them and the idiosyncrasies of convertibles. Just my experience.

I havent seen it in person yet, but my guy back home got the TTI exhaust on. Said it was struggle but ended up turning out nicely, 9hrs later.
My nephew said its nice and quiet now , so Ill be intereated to hear it when I get home for the holidays.

IMG955238.jpg

IMG957844.jpg

My nephew had a day off school today. He bought a drone a few months ago and was trying out some different options with recording.
I think hes offivially driven it more than I have now.

Great looking car. Look forward to seeing more of it once it is back on the road.

Back