New member, Colorado Fury Pursuit project

72Fury

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I've been playing with all types of cars, and wanted something a little different. I had a 69 Super Bee years ago, and should never have sold it. I kept a 64 GTO convertible instead (still have it though), but really wanted something Mopar again. I almost went the Cuda/Challenger route, but saw an old Polara and thought that might be a little different. When do you ever see one at any car show? I started searching, and soon included the Furys as well. I took the big plunge & bought a 1972 Fury pursuit. I got the car out of Colorado, it's a project car. The 440 was pulled many years ago & and the car was left. Luckily it sat in dry Colorado weather, so no rust anywhere. And the fun begins!

2012_0516AT.jpg

2012_0516AX.jpg

2012_0516AY.jpg

Thanks! A few more pics of the condition. I would be interested in any parts that someone has as well.

2012_0602AD.jpg

2012_0602AC.jpg

2012_0602AB.jpg

2012_0602AA.jpg

The more I look at that the more I would not put one penny into cosmetics. I would drop the whole wad on a 505/500 under the hood and go hunting.

cruise, A/C, oil gauge, Great car... good luck with it and welcome to the board

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Kool piece!

It is great to see another Washinton State Patrol car out there. I suspect its a radio delete car as my '70 Fury III is. But mine does not have the oil guage. Do you have the WSP ID tag on the drivers door jamb? How many antenna holes are on it. Does it have a spot light hole? What model of Fury is it? Interesting that yours does not have factory bumper guards front and rear yet mine does.

I'm in Ky & shipped the car. I found it on craiglist after a pretty extensive search. I had several wanted posted adds on several sites but they didn't yield much. It's a Colorado car, sold new by a dealer in Denver. Richard Mauro or something close, I'll have to look-the dealer tag is still on the trunk. The antenna is also still on the roof. PA speakers are still under the hood. There is some strange square plate bolted in the trunk. The build sheet is still present, it's a 440 hp, 3.23 sure grip, factory dual exhaust ( which is still on the car in good shape!!), rear trunk release, ac, tinted glass, hand throttle, dual spotlights (not on the car, but I have them), & cruise control. It does have the rubber bumper guards front and back as well.

2012_0516BB.jpg

2012_0516BA.jpg

Very cool/ambitious project. Welcome, I'm glad you found your way here & I can't wait to see the progress.

Where you at in KY? I'm in Louisville all the time.

I'm in Ky & shipped the car. I found it on craiglist after a pretty extensive search. I had several wanted posted adds on several sites but they didn't yield much. It's a Colorado car, sold new by a dealer in Denver. Richard Mauro or something close, I'll have to look-the dealer tag is still on the trunk. The antenna is also still on the roof. PA speakers are still under the hood. There is some strange square plate bolted in the trunk. The build sheet is still present, it's a 440 hp, 3.23 sure grip, factory dual exhaust ( which is still on the car in good shape!!), rear trunk release, ac, tinted glass, hand throttle, dual spotlights (not on the car, but I have them), & cruise control. It does have the rubber bumper guards front and back as well.
I so remember these Colorado State Highway patrol cars when they were new. Not too much decal on them. Only front door eagles and crest with state patrol on rear lid. Yes yours apparently came From Roger Mauro Chrysler Plymouth on 7200 W. Colfax Ave. Lakewood. CO. That dealer was relatively new at the time taking over the Chrysler Plymouth Dealer duties that went away from the previous dealer on the same street that my Fury is from. Be happy to give more info on your dealer if needed, just P.M. me. Very nice......... Going to make a great patrol car again. Good luck with it.

It's got that grille you didn't want to see in your mirror. Love it!!!
And A/C..... The ultimate Q-ship.

< Sent from my tablet >

Last edited:
Thanks guys. It's nice to see others interested in what is considered an odd ball car by many. I looked up the Mauro dealerships. Interestingly eventually they also sold Ferraris, including at least one F40. I was cleaning out car, and found a few 357 Magnum shell casings lol. My plan is to get it back running and then gradually bring the rest back up. Is there any source for reproduction parts, like the interior, police hub caps, etc?

Welcome to the site. I share your view on owning something a little different,I appreciate all Mopars but go to any show and you'll see plenty of Cuda's Charger's etc.,only a handfull of C bodies.Solid looking car,good luck with it.

Back