New Member from Montana - '68 300

MTMoparfan65

Reaction score
Having wrenched on A & B bodies for years, I recently got interested in C Bodies and just picked up a nice '68 Chrysler 300. The car is LOADED! It has the TNT 440, power bucket seats, tilt/telescoping wheel, A/C, power windows, rear defrost, automatic trunk release, automatic light sensor, cruise control, power disk brakes, 3.23 gears, and probably some things I've forgotten. I added the 15" Magnum 500s and 275 width tires fit nicely under those fender skirts! Purchase price was a bargain $3K and the car has a like-new 2.5" dual exhaust system with Flowmasters.

It needs a vinyl top and carpet. 1968 Chrysler 300 (3).jpgP1070206.jpgPics From Hal (6).jpg

Future plans are to make it a "one-of-none" car with an overdrive aluminum A-833 4 speed. I have all the parts gathered already except a pedal assembly. I also have a 3.91 Suregrip to swap in.

-Steve

1968 Chrysler 300 (3).jpg

P1070206.jpg

Pics From Hal (6).jpg

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! That's a real beauty!

Three grand? And just think... you could have bought a rusted out chevy for that. Great looking 300, and the gold is a great look for that car. Welcome.

If you have 323 sure grip and want to part with it let me know!! I have a 68 300 conv. Welcone!

Welcome and nice car, good score too! Stan will be drooling at seeing the four speed conversion done. He is your go to man for advice on the conversion.

Stan will be drooling at seeing the four speed conversion done. He is your go to man for advice on the conversion.
Thank you for your overly kind words but my knowledge is fair to good at best. Lol
But yes, I would love to help out.

Hi, sorry no "extra" SureGrip units laying around. I did browse my local wrecking yard on Saturday and they have about 15 1965-1968 C bodies. From the fender tags I could see that a couple have 3.23 gears (AX = 4) so I'm going to check if any are SureGrip-equipped. I'm also cutting the entire center floor board out of a '66 Fury to get the tranny hump and console mounts for my project. Unfortunately the pedals & trans are long gone.

Bargains

A better deal was this '69 300 I bought about 8 years ago for $100. It had a 440, power seats, and white interior. I was young & dumb and parted the car out. I also got the '69 Merc Marauder in the background for $100. It had 429, console, and bucket seats.Chrysler 300 Profile.jpg

Chrysler 300 Profile.jpg

Nice looking ride.

Sounds to me like you are in the land of bargains.

Did I read that right 275 tires on there. I was considering 255's for my 68 NYer. Do they rub when you turn it to full lock?

Tires

Nice looking ride.

Sounds to me like you are in the land of bargains.

Did I read that right 275 tires on there. I was considering 255's for my 68 NYer. Do they rub when you turn it to full lock?

Full lock? The 275s are on the rear and I have 235s on the front. No rubbing or interference at all. Wish I could say the same for my '67 Satellite, which can barely take a 245 on the rear :icon_cry: It'll soon be home to a 625 HP, 528 CI
Hemi.P1070061.jpg

P1070061.jpg

Hemi

Nice. Did you build it yourself?

No, the engine was built by Muscle Motors in Lansing, Michigan. Had a hell of a time finding a block because there was a dispute between Mopar and the supplier (World Products) that delayed availability for over a year.

Back