New member, Hello from PA.

Shine Runner

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Ben. I live in a small city in Pennsylvania. I work in a body shop for tractor trailers. My hobbies are all automotive related. I have two Dodge diesel trucks, a Chrysler Cirrus, and my play toy, my 1967 Plymouth Fury III. I just recently just finished repainting it a few weeks ago and have been enjoying my time out with it even though there are a few bugs I have to work out of it. I bought the car about 10 years ago and it was ugly looking. Solid but literally, just ugly. It had a 318 in it with a really bad rod knock which I swapped out to a 360 only because I had it. I painted the car black with a grey roof and ran it that way for about 5 years. A few years ago I acquired a 440 from a neighbor. I rebuilt it 30 over, put a 509 cam, edlebrock manifold and topped it off with a quick fuel carb and backed it up with a TCI super street fighter tranny. After that I decided to repaint the car and painted the entire car black. I will post pictures as soon as i figure out how. I like this site and have already gained a lot of information on some things that
I have been trying to figure out. I look forward to hearing and talking with other members on here. Thank you!

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

photo 3.jpgphoto 1.jpgphoto 2(1).JPGThanks everyone for the welcomes to the site. It is a great place for a lot of information and some equally great people. I have more photos than this but have yet to upload them to my laptop. I will add more in the near future like these and possibly some of them before, while I was doing the body work.

photo 3.jpg

photo 1.jpg

photo 2(1).JPG

hello shine` just down the road in va nice looking ride i to am in to the big stuff cc

Great car! I'm liking the looks of that hood scoop, that's the shape I've been looking for, for my car...

Thanks. I prob have as much time in the hood scoop as I do the entire car. It was a 6 pack scoop my neighbor had on his Coronet. I prob could have bolted it on the way it was but I didn't like the thin body line on the scoop against the factory hood body line. I ended up taking the section of the hood that I cut out for the scoop, modifying it to fit the scoop and molding it into the top of the scoop so now the body line on the hood is continuous from front to back. Not quite sure if I'd ever do that again but it def looks great. I'll have to dig up a better pic of the hood so it can be seen easier.

Great car! I'm liking the looks of that hood scoop, that's the shape I've been looking for, for my car...

Thanks. I prob have as much time in the hood scoop as I do the entire car. It was a 6 pack scoop my neighbor had on his Coronet. I prob could have bolted it on the way it was but I didn't like the thin body line on the scoop against the factory hood body line. I ended up taking the section of the hood that I cut out for the scoop, modifying it to fit the scoop and molding it into the top of the scoop so now the body line on the hood is continuous from front to back. Not quite sure if I'd ever do that again but it def looks great. I'll have to dig up a better pic of the hood so it can be seen easier.

That's the incedible attention to detail that I love to see. That's great.

Posted via Topify using Android

Back