New member introduction

Walter Joy

Reaction score
IMG_8615.JPG
Hi forum members. My name is Walter Joy. I am an 18 year old fresh out of high school and preparing for college, and as a graduation gift, I acquired a Polara. This car is a 1971 Dodge Polara Custom Sedan equipped with the A01 Turnpike package (even though that package was a 69-70 only), but with it it came with a 383 2bbl back d by a heavy duty Torqueflite 727 3 speed automatic and an 8 3/4 inch axle fitted with 2.76 gears. That's as much as I know on the car, as I pulled most of the information off the fender tag. What I do know is this car was purchased brand new by my great grandmother in 1971, and was originally garage kept until she passed and my uncle took ownership. Everything on the car is numbers matching and original. No repaints or reupholstered interior. I hope I am welcomed here and hope you guys can help me in finding parts, as 18 years in the elements of Maryland has taken a toll.

hey thanks , what the plan ?
Do not know for certain. Right now I have a 1989 Dodge W250 that needs work done so I can drive to and from work and school. But after that, it's going to be up in air. Parts I definitely will need are front and rear lower valences (under the bumpers), left front fender, trunk lid, and roof. I'm guessing no one makes replacement panels yet. I was hoping to go more autocross on the suspension, but once again I know no one makes anything for it. For the drivetrain, I was thinking of doing the usual work on the engine, then slapping a big ol 6 pack on top. But this will be a few years down the road, after I'm out of school and working a real job

Welcome......you will find the parts here!!!
Can you show a picture of the fendertag , interior.........?

Welcome, man! Lots of parts and knowledge on this board. Let us know what you need! And post as many pics as you got of her, we're a visual bunch.

sound like a plan , transportation is a must . an extra driver car will make repairs go smoother on your 4x4 wheel'r p/u .

great story and great undertaking. do you have a plan, or a vision for it ultimately?

Welcome, I'm real happy to see younger folks with interest in C-Bodies. All the info you need will be available here. Don't be thin skinned, some on here, including myself have been known to be to abrupt at times but everyone here will do whatever they can to help in your project. Below are two excellent sources for C-body parts if no one on here has what you need.

Murray B. Park - Used and NOS Parts for Chrysler, Imperial, Dodge, Desoto, and Plymouth
ABC Moparts - Dash Pads & Interior Parts for A-Body. B-Body, C-Body & E-Body

IMG_8616.JPG
IMG_8610.JPG
IMG_8607.JPG
IMG_8609.JPG
Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome. Here are more pictures. I won't be moving the car for a little while to my yard, but there is no worry because the car is located 100 yards from my house.

IMG_8617.JPG
IMG_8618.JPG
The paint on the underside of the trunk is immaculate and untouched, but the edge of the trunk is rusted through. And that is the original trunk sticker for the jack and the jack is under the multiple mice nests inside.

great story and great undertaking. do you have a plan, or a vision for it ultimately?
School comes first and any money I have will go towards that and my truck. But after that and when I get a real job, I want to get all the rust fixed and possibly go for an autocross setup but keeping the original driveline (upgraded brakes, upgraded suspension, engine fitted with bigger and louder parts, 6 pack, dual exhaust)

All the best with it, the main thing will be to get it undercover whenever that's possible to prevent further deterioration. Then a thorough cleaning to reveal how bad she is, though she looks good (frame???) considering the 18 years of outdoor storage.

Chances are good that someone who knows about Polaras lives near to you and will be willing to take a look at her with you.

Nice color combo! If you're not planning on moving it soon maybe jack it up and support it to get some air flowing underneath it.

Back