New member with a new to me 58

Some pieces I know I need if anyone has any.
Rear bumper.
Driver side headlight bezel.
Lower pans below the front fender towards the back of the bumper.
Passenger side fender spear.
Windshield washer nozzle.
Heater fan and housing.
Some interior chrome.
Antenna.
Cigarette lighter.
Arm rest for both doors.
1 million stainless trim clips. (The last painter used silicon to install a lot of the trim since he broke the clips)
An original steering wheel would be nice but not critical.

What a cool car! that rear 3/4 shot is to die for! nice find!!

Some pieces I know I need if anyone has any.
Rear bumper.
Driver side headlight bezel.
Lower pans below the front fender towards the back of the bumper.
Passenger side fender spear.
Windshield washer nozzle.
Heater fan and housing.
Some interior chrome.
Antenna.
Cigarette lighter.
Arm rest for both doors.
1 million stainless trim clips. (The last painter used silicon to install a lot of the trim since he broke the clips)
An original steering wheel would be nice but not critical.

Hehehehe.
Thousands of pieces NOS classic 40s-50s stainless trim Mopar Ford GM

image.jpg
I was told this car has 58 or 59 Chrysler 300 front brakes. It has a 58 Chrysler 300 steering wheel on it so I assume the front brakes are from the same car. Any opinions here as to what I really have?

Welcome to the site. NICE FIND! I too vote that you acquire that GC 350 and get yourself a period torqueflite and get the push buttons working. Nothing like it! (except maybe Edsel)

What you have there is the "Total Contact" brakes. Here's a fun and informative video.

Thanks Abloch. That is a good video. First thing i noticed is the previous owner of my car has installed the backing plates on the wrong sides of the car.

Something to consider is swapping out the complete rear axle from a 65 or later C body. You will eliminate the pesky "tapered hubs" and upgrade the rear brakes at the same time. I did it on my 61 and it's pretty much a straight up swap.

If you keep the 440, you are limited to 62-up transmissions due to the crank flange is different. I believe 1965 was the last year for the cable shift, then some years had a separate park lever too. A & A transmissions might be a good resource, they have a conversion for the 66-up trans. I've heard Imperial Services aren't very reliable, but I don't have first hand experience. Also, tons of info on forwardlook.net, christinecarclubforum.com, and imperialclub.com. As far as the 350 GC, If the price is fair, I'm sure you can't go wrong.

Was that car advertised? I'm in central OK too, and I search the ads looking for a 2 dr hardtop in better condition than mine. I've already spent lots more on parts than what I paid for the car. It looks like you have a pretty good start, the sportone trim with inserts alone can go for $1,500 or more, same for the bumper wings. You are missing the lower grill and the "V" which can be hard to find.

Last edited:
image.jpg
OKDART, no it wasn't advertised. I heard about it thru a friend. It was in OKC on 39th behind a business.
The lower grille, valences and V were in the trunk along with the 4 wings.
I am going to have to find some steel wheels because the hubcaps will not stay on these mags.

Here's a close up pic of a taillight, '58 hubcaps, rear valance panels, and my '57 Savoy project.

Hopefully you have the rear valance, they are hard to find in decent condition. My '57 was stripped down and missing a lot. I now have most of what I need to make it complete. There is a guy about 5 miles from me that has a '58 Belvedere 4 door sedan. I've talked to him about it and he's going to use the engine in his 2 door ht and a few trim pieces. I've been meaning to get back over there to see if he's done with it and if he'll sell it to me as it's been a couple of years. I should have some free time for that in mid May. I know it has a rear bumper, but can't recall the condition. I'll let you know when I talk to him again.

I haven't been down 39th Expressway in years, that used to be the main cruise. There was a place on 39th east of Meridian that sold classic cars, I used to live around there when I first got my drivers licence and drooled over some of those cars.

IMG_4364.JPG

IMG_4365.JPG

IMG_4366.JPG

IMG_4369.JPG

IMG_4370.JPG

Oh man, I'd practically sell me soul for a car like this. especially with a 440 paired with a torqueflite 727. what did you get it for?

Back