WA8DDN

Reaction score
I am new to this forum. I have a 1962 New Yorker. It is all original, 46,000 miles. My dad bought it new.
It's nice to see that there are those who appreciate the big cars.

Chrysler 005.jpg

Chrysler 006.jpg

Chrysler 007.jpg

Oh My.............:welcome:....you have a gorgeous car, cant remember seeing one in red.

Welcome aboard!

:hatwave:

That is just beautiful! Well maintained!

Beautiful car!!! My Brother and I had a white with red interior 62 300 when I was a kid. We bought it from the "too good to scrap" driver lot at a local used dealer/scrap yard for $50. It ran like a champ and was in pretty good condition when we got it. I loved that car! 1960's Michigan rust and transmission problems finally got to her...... We then bought a package deal Blue 1961 Dart Phoenix and a Coral and Cream 59 Plymouth Suburban 2 door Wagon... The deal was $50 for the Dodge or $35 if we took that darn undesirable station wagon too. Man I wish I had that Suburban today. Beautiful cars... Great memories... Thanks for the pictures.

Very nice car...and to have that familly history with it makes it even more special. I wish many times I had an old car from my grandfather, or father. But they worked on them, and others, but never kept any longer then a few years.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
Beautiful car you have, can we see under the hood?

To me, 62's were the ideal blend between the earlier and later year Chryslers. I love them.
Great car.

Here are some pictures of the engine compartment.

Chrysler Engine 003.jpg

Chrysler Engine 002.jpg

Chrysler Engine 001.jpg

Yes, very nice under the hood as well! I would personally like to thank the members of your family who have seen to it that that car has remained in such nice condition!
Kudos to you!

The New Yorker should have the 413.

Coolest dash ever in the '60-'62 Chryslers.

Yea, I had a hunch about that being a NY'r, but I really wasn't sure. I'm not very familiar with pre-fuselage era cars esp. going back that far.

Nice ride nonetheless!

Back