I seperated the fiberglass from the frame and had it restored/reinforced; I decided to glue the parts together with the frame installed on the car, think that's the better way to have a proper finish/lineup. At the moment it still resides in my basement.

As I looked around you guys seem to be really fanatic about old paperwork/inspection stickers etc. as myself; I think it's worth the effort to show a few items that came with the car despite my crappy computer that sometimes drives me crazy, just like right at this moment.

I don't think we are paperwork fanatics on this board...just an argument about the front seat of your car and you just happened to post the window sticker. At most, the heaviest discussion on this board about paperwork is usually ciphering fender tags.

Sorry about sounding testy.
But I'm reading the entire sticker.
So what am I not understanding here?

"OR 3-N-1 BENCH LT.&RT."

I see what it says.........I would draw the assumption that the " 3-in-1" is the two buckets with the buddy seat. Someone please correct me if I am mistaken but all 1970 300 H's got bucket seats.

We are not fanatical paper work freaks, we just like to get it right so there is no misinformation.

Someone please correct me if I am mistaken but all 1970 300 H's got bucket seats.
In my reply I provided a link and a picture to another 300 Hurst with the 3-IN-1 "bench/buddy/whatever seat.

Cut me some slack here, Dave. How much more proof do you need or are you enjoying:poke: ?
Here:

Screenshot - 9_9_2012 , 11_10_23 AM.jpg

Screenshot - 9_9_2012 , 11_10_23 AM.jpg

Last edited:
In my reply I provided a link and a picture to another 300 Hurst with the 3-IN-1 "bench/buddy/whatever seat.

Cut me some slack here, Dave. How much more proof do you need or are you enjoying:poke: ?
Here:

View attachment 4776

I am not :poke: at you Stan, all I see in these photos are bucket seats with a buddy seat, console optional. Even in the last paragraph of the literature you posted it says you get deeply sculptured bucket seats. Are you providing the proof that they all came with buckets or :dontknow:

I don't think we are paperwork fanatics on this board...just an argument about the front seat of your car and you just happened to post the window sticker. At most, the heaviest discussion on this board about paperwork is usually ciphering fender tags.

Didn't mean it in the "Bloomington Gold" fanatic way, just in the way that any paperwork related to the car in the days when it was new or pretty common is found interesting or appreciated like the old inspection stickers, certicard etc.
Got the small cardboard folder with cleaning instructions for the genuine leather seats, pretty pricey Polyglas replacement tires and a few other things for example.
Somehow my second post did not make it to the thread, so once more:
the greenish plastic around the column shift is more like gold in about the same hue as the outside gold accent paint, this detail puzzled me as well, especially as this part is obviously painted this way after installation.

I am living in south western Germany, servicemen among you will know the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein area, that's near where I live.

Few more pics I have stored:

006-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

Last edited:
The buckets came right out of the Imperial parts bin, genuine leather, buddy seat is not and the sides on the rear seats also not.

Didn't mean it in the "Bloomington Gold" fanatic way, just in the way that any paperwork related to the car in the days when it was new or pretty common is found interesting or appreciated like the old inspection stickers, certicard etc.
Got the small cardboard folder with cleaning instructions for the genuine leather seats, pretty pricey Polyglas replacement tires and a few other things for example.
Somehow my second post did not make it to the thread, so once more:
the greenish plastic around the column shift is more like gold in about the same hue as the outside gold accent paint, this detail puzzled me as well, especially as this part is obviously painted this way after installation.

I am living in south western Germany, servicemen among you will know the Kaiserslautern/Ramstein area, that's near where I live.

Few more pics I have stored:

006-1.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-1.jpg

I'm familiar with K-town and Ramstein AFB. Do they still have the big Army Depot in K-town or is it gone now? I was stationed in Wertheim and Augburg for 15 years.

They still got lots of installations around there in K-town, as far as I know a place where they did not cut back on personnell, however I don't get there too often and since 9/11 there is no chance even getting in the residential and shopping areas, where we used to hang around from time to time in the old days; happened to have driven by KL-Vogelweh yesterday and they tore down the whole area around and including the shopping mart, military car sales etc., but I think they already built new buildings at another spot within the area.
Did you ever attend the old "Cars are the Stars" meetings that were around there before 9/11? Really liked that atmosphere around there and one of the rare occasions where German and American car nuts could get together. In the early years the guys would pinstripe your car for a couple of bucks. Really miss that meet.

I am not :poke: at you Stan..
I went back to the beginning and slowly reread every post.
I'm pretty sure I figured out why we got into this debate.
I looked at the sticker where it is described as "bench 3-IN-1 seat"
You're looking at it as "Buckets with a buddy seat".
We're both calling the same seating by two different names. Yes?

They still got lots of installations around there in K-town, as far as I know a place where they did not cut back on personnell, however I don't get there too often and since 9/11 there is no chance even getting in the residential and shopping areas, where we used to hang around from time to time in the old days; happened to have driven by KL-Vogelweh yesterday and they tore down the whole area around and including the shopping mart, military car sales etc., but I think they already built new buildings at another spot within the area.
Did you ever attend the old "Cars are the Stars" meetings that were around there before 9/11? Really liked that atmosphere around there and one of the rare occasions where German and American car nuts could get together. In the early years the guys would pinstripe your car for a couple of bucks. Really miss that meet.

Umfortunately no. I was there in the 70's and 80's and left in 1992.

I looked at the sticker where it is described as "bench 3-IN-1 seat"
You're looking at it as "Buckets with a buddy seat".
We're both calling the same seating by two different names. Yes?

Yes, I suppose I can give you that :thinker:....but when have YOU ever referred to buckets as a bench 3-IN-1 seat"?

....but when have YOU ever referred to buckets as a bench 3-IN-1 seat?
I'm pretty sure I would have called them that had I a '70 300 Hurst.
Like the Road Wheels. There was a B-body Rallye Wheel style called a Road Wheel and then there were all the variants of Rallye Wheels which people call Rallye Wheels, Magnums, blah blah, blah, I get really bent out of shape when people call the C-body Road Wheels Rallye Wheels when C-bodies had an actual Rallye Wheel. Stupid thing to get upset about but that's me.
Along with posi, Fury 3, Grand Coupe, and a zillion other dumb little irritants.
I also go around the house everyday checking the clocks for accuracy and looking at all the pictures on the wall to make sure they are level....
And a couple from the Bureau of Redundancy: 2 door post sedan or TorqueFlite 3 speed transmission.

Like the Road Wheels. There was a B-body Rallye Wheel style called a Road Wheel and then there were all the variants of Rallye Wheels which people call Rallye Wheels, Magnums, blah blah, blah, I get really bent out of shape when people call the C-body Road Wheels Rallye Wheels when C-bodies had an actual Rallye Wheel.

That's interesting. Do you know of a place on the net where one could learn about what all the different styles are called and what applications they were used in?

I have a chance to buy a set of what I am told are C-body road wheels locally. Even though I don't have a C-body I am thinking they are probably none too common in these parts and that maybe I should grab them if they are as good as the seller claims. They are almost literally down the street from where I live.

That's interesting. Do you know of a place on the net where one could learn about what all the different styles are called and what applications they were used in?

I have a chance to buy a set of what I am told are C-body road wheels locally. Even though I don't have a C-body I am thinking they are probably none too common in these parts and that maybe I should grab them if they are as good as the seller claims. They are almost literally down the street from where I live.

This is a good sight for reference.
http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/library.shtml

You'd have to do what Matt suggests and pore over every individual brochure for every year, every model, B & C body car to complete a comprehensive list. There were so many variants of wheel, ring, hub, caps, finishes, etc I could never do it. One model would get a satin finish ring, another model the ring would be chrome, it goes on forever....
Even the numbers Nazis on Moparts get it wrong 75% of the time.

Thanks for the welcome. As mentioned by commando 1, this always was like most of the Hursts a column shift car; they should have produced them as console shifts only in my opinion. The color difference of the column sticks out on the pic quite a bit more than when you see the interior in person it's actually golden like the exterior contrast color; always puzzled me as well what happened here, if you examine this part you can see that it was painted after it was installed in the car.
I live in Germany, not too far from Kaiserslautern and Ramstein air base, servicemen among you surely know that area.
Got a few more pics filed to share, more coming up when I do final work on the car. Greets; Klaus

006-1.jpg

003-3.jpg

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

Out of curiosity, how onerous is it to drive a car like this in Germany?? I assume most cars are half as large as the 300 at most. Even here in the states I have trouble finding parking spots for my Newport (so I usually park way out and take up 2 or 3 spots). Also, the length of my car is almost the same length as the u wash it car wash, I can barely squeeze through drive-up bank teller windows, yada yada. I suffer through all this b/c I love driving my Chrysler cars. Just wondering if its the same deal across the pond?

Out of curiosity, how onerous is it to drive a car like this in Germany?? I assume most cars are half as large as the 300 at most. Even here in the states I have trouble finding parking spots for my Newport (so I usually park way out and take up 2 or 3 spots). Also, the length of my car is almost the same length as the u wash it car wash, I can barely squeeze through drive-up bank teller windows, yada yada. I suffer through all this b/c I love driving my Chrysler cars. Just wondering if its the same deal across the pond?

Depends were you are. German Autobahn's and major highways no problem. Big cities are ok until you get to small side streets with cobblestone. A lot of cobblestone streets left in Europe. There's a lot of roads in other countries; i.e., Italy that have roads that are lucky that 2 subcompacts can pass each other in opposite directions. Crazy driving on those roads. People pass on blind curves all the time. Even I didn't do that kind of crazy sh*t.
I drove in Europe for 15 years and didn't crash or hit anything ever. Once nice law on the Autobahn's (one's with no speed limit) is that if your driving in the far left lane, you have to watch your rear view mirror and the law says you CAN NOT impede the speed of anyone behind you...it's the law, you have to move to the right and not impede the person coming at you at 200mph+...no if's, and's or but's. There's people flying at 150 -200 plus ALL the time. Normal speed in the other lanes is 100mph+. I miss that kind of driving bad! The first year back in the states for me was terrible...a lot of speeding tickets.

Back