New paint for my chrysler 300 , 1970

@crugone: Do you use acrylic paint, which is at least in Germany a bit of a hassle to get, or the water based paint which I avoided; don't know if this is essential for the volume of paint you need, probably not.

actualy nowerdays we are restricted to waterbased paint which is less harm for the world but more tricky for the paintjob.

In Germany these are legally available and usable for old cars that came that way, collission repair, resto etc. but they're no longer stocked right at these workshops.
I'm not too convinced of the benefits from water based paint, especially since they all need clearcoat which isn't water based, even the solid colors what you didn't have with acrylic.

Looks like a great show. Have fun and post some pictures.
No pics from me but maybe Zymurgy took some. There were a few cool cars there but it was a pretty small show. I think I liked it more than Zymurgy did. Nice to meet you by the way.

The materials chosen will determine how much you need. Things like tinted primer, and top quality brands go a long way to minimizing the amounts needed. Cheaper stuff means you need more of it. I would be looking at probably 2Gal of substrate (I like using a one step etch/primer/high build and it's usually mixed 1:1), 2gal base, and 1gal clear. This does not include the reducers, activators, or hardener which in most cases just about doubles the total volumes. I start with bare metal and the primer get sprayed, it sits for some time (in CT it's usually a month or two) then get's blocked flat. The color needs to get everywhere and be even, and the clear is the protection.

Back