New Paint Job

I think you got the pictures reversed.
No.
I PRAY you got the pictures reversed.

No, the car was "Macco" red when I got it. The pictures are in order. Lots of red overspray to clean off of everything. Even the torq thrusts are red. It was a 20ft car.

...and $14k later all you have is a carcass with a nicely painted firewall???

The whole front clip is painted. And the piant supplies are paid for the dash and interior trim is painted. The only part of the bill that is yet unseen is the cost of spraying the body, color sand, and clear. Yes, very expensive job. I wanted it done well without any nook or cranny left untouched (other than leaving the original undercoating). Not saying its for everyone, but this is my "dream" car and I can't wait to finish it. Your mileage may vary.

Well, this has been some interesting info. I will ask the shop what paint they use. Fortunately, al the chrome trim was off when I bought the car (I have it). I'll also ask how much it would be if I do the prep work.

And I think you meant to say a 100% rust free laser straight carcass. LOL Oh, with a nice firewall as well.

What I really mean is I have a feeling your car is going to end up with a paint job that will put most of us to shame...

< Sent from my tablet >

What I really mean is I have a feeling your car is going to end up with a paint job that will put most of us to shame...

< Sent from my tablet >

naw, there are some fantastic cars on here. It's not about wiener size to me. It's more about the smile on my face when I open my garage door. I already know that 65 polaras aren't exactly drooled over by most.

I though I got a really good deal for 5K. Their standard shop rate would have been over 4K just for prime and blocking They used Dupont Chromax waterborne base.

I brought them the car like this:

They spent 60 hours filling and blocking to get this:

Then 3 quarts sealer:

Then 3 quarts base:

and finally 3 1/2 quarts clear:

137743 2003 no interior left side.jpg

that enough..... that was the easy part....writing the check is the hard part

137743 2003 no interior left side.jpg

The whole front clip is painted. And the piant supplies are paid for the dash and interior trim is painted. The only part of the bill that is yet unseen is the cost of spraying the body, color sand, and clear. Yes, very expensive job. I wanted it done well without any nook or cranny left untouched (other than leaving the original undercoating). Not saying its for everyone, but this is my "dream" car and I can't wait to finish it. Your mileage may vary.
You will never regret it. Your quality of life improves exponentially as the owner of that beautiful car. If you can sweat the cash then **** it. What else you gonna spend it on?

I though I got a really good deal for 5K. Their standard shop rate would have been over 4K just for prime and blocking They used Dupont Chromax waterborne base.

I brought them the car like this:

They spent 60 hours filling and blocking to get this:

Then 3 quarts sealer:

Then 3 quarts base:

and finally 3 1/2 quarts clear:

The outcome was fantastic!!!

You will never regret it. Your quality of life improves exponentially as the owner of that beautiful car. If you can sweat the cash then **** it. What else you gonna spend it on?

Hookers and blow is fun, but the effects don't last as long as some good old Detroit iron.

Back