New radiator and clutch fan!

Reaction score
Well spring is here! Fired the girl up and sent her off to the exhaust shop today! But anyways ive been messing with the cooling system all winter. I updated to a 22inch Champion 3row aluminum radiator. And ditched my factory mechanical fan for the Hayden 2947 fan clutch and a 5 blade fan off of a 80's dodge car. Ill find part# later but its close to the fan Mopar Performance offered. And i will say it moves some air!! Cant wait to get the car back from the exhaust shop and take it cruise! Went from factory logs to HP exhaust manifolds and single exhaust to 2.5 inch duals all the way back!

20180401_111704.jpg

20180401_114158.jpg

20180401_114209.jpg

Last edited:
Let us know your findings. Sounds good!

Let us know your findings. Sounds good!
I will say so far i love the setup. I was having overheating issues last year and as of now they are just that. Last years issues! But ill post more of how the setup works when i pick it up at the end of the week and cruise it home

I'd love to see air flow numbers from both those fans. I'd think the multi blade factory fan would move more air!

You also still have the option to add a fan shroud if the temps creep up in stop and go driving.

Anyway, love to hear the results. Good luck!

The angle of the blades are different on them. I dont have the tools to get any flow #'s for comparison but i dont ever recall feeling like im in a wind tunnel under the hood! But i did get it back tonight and all is well. 180degrees the whole time! The ol girl is running very happy! Especially with my new exhaust!

The blade pitch determines volume up to a point, at a given steady angular velocity. Since our motors vary from ~500 to 6500 rpm (rarely and seldom for long! NEVER personally), I would see about some empirical data and maybe a good software model or two also. I plan to return to my 7 blade with a clutch soon.

Back