NEW RIDE: 67 Chrysler Newport Custom 2dr 4V 383

500cubes

Reaction score
A guy was desperately begging people to buy his 67 Newport for about a month on CL & Ebay. He is moving to NH for work & the car was being a money pit so his price was: make any crazy offer! I don't know how to link stuff but for more photos go to ebay sold. It was only 30 minutes from me & one of the best bargains Ive ever found because he had spent quite a bit on the car inc: new tires, battery, rad, brakes, tank, carb, starter, alt, etc! Unfortunately he started the car before he put on the new tank using 20 year old gas. It ran good, he showed me a video of it running but the old gas made the valves freeze up & bend several push rods. Today I pulled the rockers & lubed the stuck valves & tapped them with a ball peen hammer until they began to work again. It took a dozen times of tapping & lubing 3 stubborn ones but eventually they all freed up. So today it was driven for the first time in 20 years!

100_9244.jpg

100_9245.jpg

I Gratz on saving her from the derbys! She's got a long way to go, but will definitely be a beauty.

Nice, I could just clear coat that and keep it the way it is. It took years to get that way and its hard to replicate.

Santa came early! Congrats!

Nice buy. Don't see many Newport Customs much less 2drs. We had a 4dr loaded black over bronze Newport Custom in 67.
Keep the pics coming!

Nice, I could just clear coat that and keep it the way it is. It took years to get that way and its hard to replicate.

I agree completely! I'm pretty sure that's what drew Alex into purchasing it & attempting resto. He was so close but the situation was dire. I hear the next day he sold his house so all the big stuff is done for his move to NH.
Anybody know if I can buy a decent headliner for this car?

I'm going to fix the broken things & drive it. Ive too many projects ahead of me to believe this will be completely restored but it does have one of the best rat rod looks Ive ever owned & no body damage or signs of fender benders. Lots of rust holes in the trunk pan. (is it safe to hope somebody makes these?) It started again today & seems to have a strong engine so the price is justified without a doubt. I'm happy. More photos by this weekend.

Back