New seat covers!!!

68Bigred

Reaction score
Very excited my seat covers finally came in from legendary. Also the wheel well line for the convertible top. So hopefully taking the car over to have everything installed. I already did the carpet and new center console. Will be nice to have a new interior and a convertible top I can put up with out holes. Love the 2 tone grey, had no idea that is what it was supposed to be.

1438649924554_1438649989276.jpg

That will look great, hope your upholstery guy is faster than mine.

He'll have it about a week. He just got done doing a whole new interior in my m3 with vader seats so he should be able to knock this out. However warned him I will be more fussy with the 300. This car been in the family since the 70s so many people are looking forward to seeing this car done. Hopefully next Monday she'll go in!!

Ya know, It's not that difficult to install the covers yourself, especially the rear. Be sure to use a new, FIRM, foam under the front seat covers. You'll thank yourself for doing that after sitting on the seat for awile.

Yeah I have all the new seat foams and such but since I'm having the new top installed to I'm just going to let a professional do it. I just don't have time and I want it done.

Hi Big Red,
Can anyone tell me where I can get the front seat foams for the 69 300 convert, I have tried everywhere.

I had legendary seat covers put in my 69 300. I could find no suppliers of the foam for the C-body but my trimmer made them. The foam legendary supplies is no where near as comfortable as the foam my trimmer supplied.
The 69 300 front seat covers are pretty complicated so I let him do them. I installed the rear cover myself using the same foam he supplied. VERY comfy.

new front seats (Large).jpg

If you can go to an upholstery supplier and get blocks of foam, then you can use the old seat foam as a template. I have found using an electric knife(used for cutting meat) is an effective tool. I have done seat foam before and would make each foam piece out of three to four pieces which would be glued together once the shape was right.

If you can go to an upholstery supplier and get blocks of foam, then you can use the old seat foam as a template. I have found using an electric knife(used for cutting meat) is an effective tool. I have done seat foam before and would make each foam piece out of three to four pieces which would be glued together once the shape was right.

Exactly the right way to do it IMO too. And you can pick the foam density that suits you best.

Hi Bluefury361, is there any chance that I could get the name and email of the trimmer that made the foams? you are quite correct legendary or any one else do not do them. Before the car came over to Australia from Wisconsin legendary redid the seats but the front foams were rotten and mouse damaged. I have saved the passenger one and rebuilt it but the drivers foam is shot, if I can get the trimmer to do both I will rebuild again. The drivers seat frame have been blasted and primed but I can go no further till I get a decent foam. Aussie Bob

Hi Bluefury361, is there any chance that I could get the name and email of the trimmer that made the foams?

Bob.
His name is Roy Trucks. He has been in business for over 40 years, "Eastern Glass". He doesn't mess with computers but his daughter and son in law run the business now. Roy just stays in the back of the shop and does all the custom & restro stuff. I just drop by whenever I have something I can't do myself and he fixes me up.
I'll check with them and see if they have a website or email. I would think that there would be a trim shop in your area that could supply foam though.

Try these folks........

http://www.yourautotrim.com/foscplch.html

Bob.
His name is Roy Trucks. He has been in business for over 40 years, "Eastern Glass". He doesn't mess with computers but his daughter and son in law run the business now. Roy just stays in the back of the shop and does all the custom & restro stuff. I just drop by whenever I have something I can't do myself and he fixes me up.
I'll check with them and see if they have a website or email. I would think that there would be a trim shop in your area that could supply foam though.

Try these folks........

http://www.yourautotrim.com/foscplch.html

Thanks, I tried the link and they only seel foam, our local guy ( only one for 120 miles :soapbox: ) is not interested. I am happy to wait for Roy.

bob

I wish somebody would make seat covers for Formals.....

Out of Corinthian leather no less!

090114-recardo-montalban-vmed123p.grid-4x2.jpg

20150904_160555.jpg20150904_160608.jpg20150904_160619.jpgAll done. I love it. Now very proud to take the 300 out. Top came out perfect and the seats are amazing. Since everything is new now doesn't smell like rat pee anymore! Well worth the investment!!!

20150904_160555.jpg

20150904_160608.jpg

20150904_160619.jpg

Wow wow wow. Beautiful work quality work. Wish my top looked that good, but it is never up. :)

Thanks guys! I'm just sitting in a 98 degree garage enjoying it. The top has had holes in it for 20+ years and the interior was shot. My 94yo grandfather who is the original owner is so excited to see it. I'm thinking of shipping it up to ny from tx so my dad can take him for a ride in it. She has come along way from a car that was buried in crap and abandoned for 18 years. The guy did an amazing job, handed me several numbers from people that saw it and want to buy it. I kindly said they'll have to pry my dead hands off this car. It's like Christine, except not even lol. The better she looks seems to really come more alive.

Really sharp, congrats!

Back