New to me 1968 300 2 door hardtop

if you have armrests you got to deal with those, and mind the cabin lights up top on the side panel curtain pieces don't crack them...in my car the panels are super brittle and the seat hit the light on the way out

If the base of the seat is like my 68 convertable push down on the seat while pushing back and lift from the front. Comes right out.

if you have armrests you got to deal with those, and mind the cabin lights up top on the side panel curtain pieces don't crack them...in my car the panels are super brittle and the seat hit the light on the way out

Those lenses can be bought new....if that was what you were making reference too. I bought a set recently for a set-up I put in my 84 Dodge ram crewcab.

Be careful as you angle the back seat up and out! Kneel on the front edge of the back seat, push down and back and then let it pop up off the hooks. Then carefully come up on one side first then the other. Expect it to bind/resist here and there; don't force! Mine wouldn't give, then I got too aggressive and it popped up and tore a hole in the headliner.

Well it drove to and from work great! Going to park it till I can do a complete Fluid flush and a basic tune up including plugs and wires and what not

I wouldn't be too quick on doing a power fluid flush on the trans if it were mine. Liable to dislodge some tiny speck of something and clog up a hole. I'd just drain, change the filter and refill if it were me. That's one if it ain't broke don't f@#k with it for me. Just my .02 ;)

Look what I found! Seat came out super easy guys thanks for the tips! It went back in even easier. Used some zip ties to pull the springs away from it and it worked well. Pretty cool experience I will always remember!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now, make some nice copies of it, keep those in your car. Scan it and keep those in your computer and keep the original in a folder in a Fire box... Thats a Birth certificate , treat it as such

Can you take a HD pic of it. These guys can tell you a lot about it from that if we can read it

67 build sheet 2.jpg

67 build sheet 2.jpg

Now, make some nice copies of it, keep those in your car. Scan it and keep those in your computer and keep the original in a folder in a Fire box... Thats a Birth certificate , treat it as such

Will do! For almost 50 years old it appears to be in great shape!

Got the fan motor working today too! Just took tapping it with a wrench to free it. All the internals work frok switching it to defrost to heat to AC. The AC compressor even works and blows colder than the hot air but not cold by any means

Congrats on the paper!

Congrats finding it ............will be the first thing i,m gonna do when the 300 is in next week.......:eek:ccasion14:

Congrats finding it ............will be the first thing i,m gonna do when the 300 is in next week.......:eek:ccasion14:

Nice! Tell us about your 300 you’re getting. I have already gotten several offers to purchase the car both hear on this sight, through Facebook, and in person. Each time I just politely say it’s not for sale at the moment. :glasses2:

I will when it,s arrived , it,s a 69 coupe , not a 68.

Back