New to the site

ALL_I_CAN_C

Reaction score
Would just like to say hello to everyone. While I am no stranger to the 74-78 C-body, I am somewhat new to the site. I have been following a few different threads on here for the last couple of months now and figured its time to become a member. There seems to be alot more activity here than a few other sites I have visited in the past.

After puchasing my 77 NYB last Feb, I have finally decided to pull it in my garage and start the restoration project. Here are a few pics
038.jpg037.jpg036.jpg035.jpg

044.jpg043.jpg042.jpg039.jpg037.jpg036.jpg

I started stripping the car down 7 days ago today and have it almost stripped down minus the engine compartment and glass(which i will post questions in the appropriate forum). Looking forward to the project and long long journey of putting it all back together. Also hoping to do business with a few you as well. Thanks for reading, Mike

038.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

039.jpg

037.jpg

036.jpg

Sunroof car!! Very nice.
I'm going to really enjoy following along your journey.
Welcome to the site.
-Stan

PS: I thought '76 and up had one pc. headliners. Sunroof cars, no?

Last edited:
Yes it is. Thank you. Of all the 74-78 cbody cars i have owned in the last 10 years, this one is one of the more highly optioned ones. After doing a little research, I have found out that almost everything was a "special order" on this car. So Im guessing that there arent that many like this one. This was my reasoning for deciding to restore this one. Just a quick question, but would anyone have any idea of how I can find out exactly how rare this car is? I have the build sheet and core support tag if that helps.

This does have a 1piece headliner unless im not reading your question right. It is just tore. The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to take the sunroof out for some reason unkown. Now I have to locate one. Murray Park says they have one but ive been trying to get a price from them for the last 2-3months and they will absolutely not reply to any of my emails now. FUN FUN. The search is on.

...would anyone have any idea of how I can find out exactly how rare this car is? I have the build sheet and core support tag if that helps.
Impossible to determine. The only published numbers are by total model only and one can only guess at the percentage of that number for any particular option.

Murray Park says they have one but ive been trying to get a price from them for the last 2-3months and they will absolutely not reply to any of my emails now
Yep. That's Murray alright...

This trick worked for me last time with Murray.
I emailed him with what I needed and WITH my CC# and said let me know. He replied within 24 hours. LMAO.

PS: That's the first time I've ever seen a NYB on a trailer with room to spare!

Last edited:
Nice project, welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Impossible to determine. The only published numbers are by total model only and one can only guess at the percentage of that number for any particular option.

Yep. That's Murray alright...

This trick worked for me last time with Murray.
I emailed him with what I needed and WITH my CC# and said let me know. He replied within 24 hours. LMAO.

PS: That's the first time I've ever seen a NYB on a trailer with room to spare!

the trailer in question was a custom trailer built to our specs. 18ft with a 2ft dove. Very heavily built

Thanks nitoh. Very nice 2dr commando. Is that all bergundy interior or 2tone like mine? What year?

1976. All burgundy interior with the optional non-tufted cloth. You see very few of the non-tuft.
The only two tones were when the white interior was chosen.

Thanks. Im wanting to go close to original, but not 100%. The usual m/t mods along with a few other goodies

Sounds good, that's the way I like them in at least appearance, like they rolled off the line.

Look at that white sofa ........reclining while looking at the stars ...Welcome to the group. It looks like we have more formal members here than anything else.

The previous owner thought it would be a good idea to take the sunroof out for some reason unkown. Now I have to locate one.

What kind of dip $h1+ would pull the sunroof? I hope all goes well with your search. I am an open air guy and would love to see that car restored .....

Look at that white sofa ........reclining while looking at the stars ...Welcome to the group. It looks like we have more formal members here than anything else.

The more the merrier!

Back