New Trico Classic blades are fakes.

Boydsdodge

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I ordered up a pair of Trico Classic wiper blades for my Imperial.
I opened the package to find odd looking finish on the blades. It turns out the blades are now steel, not stainless steel.
They have a shitty paint job applied that will barely last first storm.
Now to find the refills for my original blades.

65245A7C-480F-4926-944C-3F4430DFDB10.jpeg

3EF71A72-EDA1-48C0-9D1A-A35A44533B61.jpeg

Last edited:
I ordered up a pair of Trico Classic wiper blades for my Imperial.
I opened the package to find odd looking finish on the blades. It turns out the blades are now steel, not stainless steel.
They have a shitty paint job applied that will barely last first storm.
Now to find the refills for my original blades.

View attachment 543520

View attachment 543521
What made u want to scrape the paint. I got the same ones look very nice no issues or scrapes. But now I am curious

Looks like the style that's on my '70 DH43. Paint job does look a bit different, though.

What made u want to scrape the paint. I got the same ones look very nice no issues or scrapes. But now I am curious
There should be no paint. The blades should be stainless steel, just like all the blades on the 7 cars here.
I will look out for refills.

So you need the "aero-foil" wing blades, which are stainless steel? Rather than what came later in 1969 and later?

So you need the "aero-foil" wing blades, which are stainless steel? Rather than what came later in 1969 and later?
My wagon has the Aero-foil blades, my Imperial are Trico stainless steel. My Swinger is the same as Imperial. Second Imperial is Stainless steel. Customers 70 sSports Satellite is Stainless, etc....
I have never seen a blade painted to look stainless. I not biting.

I searched for refills and came up empty. Ordered the same "classic" ones as Boyds dodge and was also disappointed. I used the "refills" fron the Classics as refills for my original "aero-foil" blades and they fit and work well. Expensive, but all I could find. Lindsay

You can get refills at most of the major shows. It is BS that they are pawning the crap replacements, and don't get me started about how everyone wants me to recycle my plastic shopping bags and we throw away tons of steel that recycles easily because of windshield wipers and other stupid ****.

I worked at a junkyard in the early 80s.
I never had to buy wiper blades.
I used to go out into yard and remove good used ones and use them on my daily driver 71 GTX.
They would last for several years.
Today's blades your lucky if they last a year!!

Back