New vinyl top and headliner

The center cap in red

Ebay in black
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lot-of-2-Vintage-Dodge-Chrome-Wheel-Covers-Approximately-15-Inch-/400432716076?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d3ba6592c&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/73-74-75-76...Parts_Accessories&hash=item19b276e06c&vxp=mtr

Wheel_cover_back.jpg

Wheel_cover_center.jpg

Last edited:
I'm starting to lose track.
So, what you're saying is the wheel covers you need are these but only in red?
The difference is only in the color of the center emblem?

iw2jkj.jpg

Thank you so much for the picture of that emblem. So that is what it looks like up close. So that center emblem can be switched out. I can't tell you what a help you have been . Hope you don't mind me asking all these questions but it helps to have a fellow c body owner with the same model to compare notes with. This website is great!!!!

Get a parts manual from EBay.......life is a lot easier with part numbers. Plenty of sites that have thousands of parts by part number. Partsvoice.com and Arizona parts.com has great NOS parts.

Get a parts manual from EBay.......life is a lot easier with part numbers. Plenty of sites that have thousands of parts by part number. Partsvoice.com and Arizona parts.com has great NOS parts.

Already gave him the number for the covers with black centers. Only 4 in the country. The part number for what looked like a red cap was no good according to partsvoice.

If you can find a Chrysler dealership local or on Partsvoice that will work with you.......they'll look up the discontinued part number and sometimes find the superseded new part number for you. If they find a new part number they'll search their national parts source (takes 30 seconds) and see if they can locate the part for you. I've learned to ask for a one of two parts at a time and not be a burden with 20+ part numbers at a time with my local Chrysler dealer. Mopar superseded a lot of part numbers.

Something tells me that for a 1 year only wheel cover this is going to be tougher than a needle in the haystack. One year only style and only a small percentage with the red cap.

Something tells me that for a 1 year only wheel cover this is going to be tougher than a needle in the haystack. One year only style and only a small percentage with the red cap.

Yep, the 1978 Chrysler W13 premium wheel cover are one year only and hard to find also.

78-Newport-New_Yorker_0007.jpg

Well I finally get to drop off the Polara in the morning to start on the new vinyl top and headliner after painting the car at the end of August. This guy works out of his house and has a great reputation in the car and boat field for his work. He did the seat to my F100 using the original fabric I got from SMS. He will also be installing a new headliner as the original was just plain falling apart on it's own. Should be done in 2-3 days so I can then start installing the window trim. Pictures when it is all done since I haven't taken any since the car was cut and buffed.
I posted this question in wanted to buy but will ask here. Bandit on this site has a 73 vip Polara like mine and the interior shows the buddy seat armrest trimmed out in the red piping. I have seen some with it and some without. Which is correct? I am trying to redo mine and I want to do it to factory specs and mine has white piping not red. Help!

Back