New Yorker Door Question

Bob d.

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I need a driver’s side front door for my 65 New Yorker. I’m heading to my local Mopar Graveyard to see what they have. Does anyone happen to know if other C body doors will work as well? Thanks in advance!
Bob

Windsor, Newport, 300 will fit if it is the same body style (hardtop vs sedan). The trim will be different...you'll need to figure that out.

I think 1965 doors might be one year only.

The contours and trim are the same for 1966 New Yorkers, but the lock hole may be different and the area where the inside door handle bolts on may be different.

Before you leave, I would snap some photos of your door so you can compare, just in case you find a nice '66 NY'er door.

As Mr C said, Newport and 300 doors will bolt on, but the trim is different. That shouldn't be too big a deal on a '65. '65 Newport has no lower trim. '65 300L uses the same trim holes as the New Yorker. '65 300 sport is the only one that you might have to weld up some extra trim holes.

I put a '66 Newport door on my '66 New Yorker years ago, and I had to fill a bunch of holes because the Newport trim sat higher on the door.

There's a '66 New Yorker in Oak Hill Used Auto Parts in Petersburg, VA. That's the only '65-'66 coupe that comes up on Car-Parts.com anywhere near NC. It's got a good amount of rust on it, so I wouldn't be surprised if the corners of the doors are rusted behind the trim.

66 NY junkyard.JPG

Jeff

Thank you all, and much appreciated! The mopar graveyard came through. They have 2 that were in reasonably good shape, both from 65 New Yorkers…no mods needed or worrying about fitment. But, thanks again for helping me out

Thank you all, and much appreciated! The mopar graveyard came through. They have 2 that were in reasonably good shape, both from 65 New Yorkers…no mods needed or worrying about fitment. But, thanks again for helping me out
What awesome luck!

Back