Newbie from Belgium

yvre

Reaction score
(Warning : long winded and includes a pic of an import car)

Hi everyone.

My name's Yves, I live in Belgium, and I recently became the proud/scared new owner of a 1967 Fury III Station Wagon.

Of all the Mopar/C-body forums I've visited, this one definitely has the nicest layout, the best search engine and the funniest members, so I thought this would be the best place to document my car's resto and ask questions.

To set things straight from the beginning, I am completely new to Mopars, and american cars in general. I'm actually very much involved in the VW aircooled scene : I own a 'California Look' 67 beetle that runs a turbocharged, intercooled and fuel injected 1915cc engine, and I also plan to build a dedicated 1/4 mile track bug in the coming years.

1239449_720238691326435_1733948834_n.jpg

A few years ago, a friend of mine bought a 68 Catalina station wagon, and since then I've been in love with BIG american long roofs. I'd love to use one as a cool tow car, but having no money and no place to park it, I never really went looking.

Fast forward to August last year, I got an email from another close friend. He's importing cheap VW busses in Europe, and he found something right up my alley... a 9 seater big block C-body that has sat in the Oregon desert for 25 years... (more on that later btw). It was smashed in the front and burnt to the 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] degree but supposedly very dry. I think the ad was originally posted on CL, but I found it back via another site :

http://www.2040-cars.com/Plymouth/G...ne-passenger-wagon-with-great-patina-1139561/

10751833_10152371062181863_329944237_n.jpg

10621024_10152233444651863_1814412650_n.jpg

It was ugly, but I loved it !And thanks to a 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] job I had started, I had a little bit of cash burning my pocket. My friend was so convinced it was the car for me that he agreed to sell it to me at no profit. But I still had no place to store it... However, the clincher was when my wife said « there was no way in hell I was buying that ugly POS ! ». With my own hard earned money ? Just watch...

As you can probably guess, I'm now the owner of one hell of a C-Body project (and I'm still married !) The car has now arrived in Belgium, where it's getting accustomed to one of our typical summers.

11354735_10152903703121863_315004265_n.jpg

I still have no place to store it (currently applying for a permit for a closed car-port as the garage is full), but my seller/friend agreed to keep it at his warehouse so at least it will stay inside. I'll try to start working on the car there.

I will of course open an new thread in the Member's Projects section to continue the rest of the story, but don't hold your breath cuz it will be a slow one (money and time and all that, you know the drill). But I'll be sure to post lots of pics of whatever I do to it in exchange for all the dumb questions I'll be asking. I have already been reading a lot so hopefully I shouldn't bother you too much.

Thanks for reading !

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Welcome to the site, love your wagon. Definitely looks like a desert car. It is amazing how clean and rust free the engine bay is.

Welcome.
I like your wagon as is.
But I am a stranger sometimes.

Fix the front end (grill, hood) and mechanics and just drive it

Carsten

Very Nice.......Welcome, you are in the right place, Im in AZ, let me know if you want me to look for pantina'd parts, and what not.
G

It is amazing how clean and rust free the engine bay is.[/QUOTE]

X2...welcome to the site enjoy

Thanks everyone for the welcome!

Welcome.
I like your wagon as is.
But I am a stranger sometimes.

Fix the front end (grill, hood) and mechanics and just drive it

Carsten

That's the plan - fix the mechanicals, new interior, lower it and drive it.

Very Nice.......Welcome, you are in the right place, Im in AZ, let me know if you want me to look for pantina'd parts, and what not.
G

Well, I found the gille and the headlight bezels already, but if you ever find a turquoise front hood for a 67 Fury, I'm your man! :-D

Belated welcome!

Belated welcome! I just read your wagon thread. Whereabouts in Belgium are you at?

@Chrome58

Back