Newbie small block question

Reaction score
I was impatient and had a shop build my engine. Hopefully to accept delivery this Thursday ( fingers crossed). He sent me a pic of the assembled engine and I'm curious about so much intake gasket showing. It's a reputable shop , should I worry or ask anything before I pick it up?. Its a .30 over 360 Edelbrock air gap. Cast heads nothing too crazy.

18421.jpeg

18422.jpeg

18423.jpeg

18424.jpeg

you could always trim it, paint over it, or just don't worry about it

The intake you have supplied is a non-stock unit with a slightly different profile that a stock manifold. Gaskets are generally a one size fits all item. The extra material will not cause any problems.

Dave

Your after market intake does not have a heat riser passage, it would be a good idea to use an intake manifold gasket with this port blocked off so that exhaust gasses do not erode the manifold at the port for the heat riser. You will also need to block the heat riser to the open position as there will be not place for exhaust to go if the heat riser happens to close, would be best to remove the riser butterfly altogether.

Dave

What is the average cost for a 360?
Never had to have one done

Quote from power train products is $1850 for a rebuilt exchange. As with all things it depends a lot on what all you had done to it. The advantage of a local shop is that you do not have to pay shipping charges to get the engine and return the core, that can easily run another $600.

Dave

I dont know what the average cost is but this shop totaled the build around 9k. Intake to pan .30 over, 10.3 :1 ,valve job some go fast goodies. Nothing too crazy , good street build. I reckon someone could find 5k for a decent long block . And the skys the limit

Back