Newby 1970 Dodge Polara Convertible

Ruger

Reaction score
Hello C Bodies,
I have a 1970 Polara convertible and was told it was a 1970 Rose Bowl Public relations car by a guy I bought some parts from. Can anyone help verifie if this is correct?
THX
Ruger

Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I know of at least one guy that'll be VERY happy to help you verify this and he'll be along soon.

Welcome from Minnesota. Show us some pics of the car! Would be cool if you could verify the Rose Bowl pedigree.

Welcome to the forums!! Good luck on finding out the history of the car!

Hello C Bodies,
I have a 1970 Polara convertible and was told it was a 1970 Rose Bowl Public relations car by a guy I bought some parts from. Can anyone help verifie if this is correct?
THX
Ruger

Welcome, I presume you have either John's car or Toms car. If your car has been repainted red then you have John's car. That car is the only one of the three known Rose Bowl cars to have an intact build sheet. Here is the problem, John lost the build sheet. The bottom of his sheet said "Rose Bowl" on it and is the only known official document to verify the pedigree.

Please post some photos

I know of at least one guy that'll be VERY happy to help you verify this and he'll be along soon.

Welcome, I presume you have either John's car or Toms car. If your car has been repainted red then you have John's car. That car is the only one of the three known Rose Bowl cars to have an intact build sheet. Here is the problem, John lost the build sheet. The bottom of his sheet said "Rose Bowl" on it and is the only known official document to verify the pedigree.

Please post some photos

And you have just met him.
Welcome.

Hello C Bodies.
Thanks for the warm welcome, it is appreciated! The parts guy I was talking with said he could tell by the VIN#? New to this so I'll try to up load some pics, hope it works. I'll check back tomorrow got a game to get to.
THX
Ruger Polara 2013 march 003.jpgPolara 2013 march 004.jpgPolara 2013 march 005.jpgPolara 2013 march 006.jpgPolara 2013 march 007.jpgPolara 2013 march 008.jpg

Polara 2013 march 003.jpg

Polara 2013 march 004.jpg

Polara 2013 march 005.jpg

Polara 2013 march 006.jpg

Polara 2013 march 007.jpg

Polara 2013 march 008.jpg

OK... Now you have just floored me......... I NEED to see that tag... The fender tag that is. The fender tag is located next to the battery on the radiator core support. Your car looks to be FK5 paint code which is Burnt orange in color... The Rose Bowl cars didnt come with Super lites and were all white, with black interiors and white tops.
That is the way the Tournament of Roses people wanted all of their cars of which Chrysler was a sponsor for many years..The Chryslers, Furys, Polaras, Barracudas, all white bodies with black interiors and white tops.
Your car probably has a Q to start the Vehicle Order Number which indicates a public relations car... Looks like she is loaded up with options, please, lets see that tag....Before I have to go to bed :popcorn:

Dave, is this one possibly a previously unknown car?

Not a Rose Bowl car, probably. Unless a lot of work was done to it. Obviously the color which is an easy change and the car may have been repainted, I see a lot of touch ups around the engine bay. It is not an air car which all the Rose Bowl cars were. The Superlite was not on the Rose Bowl cars, of course it could have been added.

Yeah Bob, this one may be a new find.

Super lite, Stan's favorite option! I still want one, though, probably just because it's different.

If you recall he was loaded and that was a hundred and forty three years ago...... they are cool as hell.....just like headers....!!!

Back