Newport pricing

kyle1982

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice on pricing my Newport. I've been trying to sell it for a few months just listed here today. It is a 68 custom ac .PS . pb runs and drives good. I started at two thousand. But have dropped it to 1500. I have had no interest in this car . am I being in realistic with my price ? This is the only Mopar I have owned and attempted to sell.

Just looking for some advice on pricing my Newport. I've been trying to sell it for a few months just listed here today. It is a 68 custom ac .PS . pb runs and drives good. I started at two thousand. But have dropped it to 1500. I have had no interest in this car . am I being in realistic with my price ? This is the only Mopar I have owned and attempted to sell.

What it is worth depends a lot on the condition of the car. For example, if it is rust free and reasonably straight, then $2k was probably a fair price for a 2dr. A 4dr would be fairly priced at about $1.5k. These numbers are at the lower end of the scale. These numbers assume a car in #2-#3 condition, which is a good runner/driver that needs cosmetics and minor mechanical repair. If the car has severe rust issues, it would be a parts car at about $750.

When trying to sell any car a number of things are important, especially on this site. Photos, the more the better. Photos of the build tag and build sheet are especially helpful as are photos of the inside of the trunk, engine compartment and under side of the car. Show photos of the interior as well and from all 4 corners. List the engine size and as many options as you can identify. A lot of these cars had ATC which is very unpopular. List the mileage and any thing else you know about the car. Honest descriptions usually sell. The more info a prospective buyer has, the more likely they are to make an offer if they are in the market for this particular car.

Dave

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the response. I will work on more photos and info I just have a very old phone so its tedious.

Part of the problem may be the lack of a title. A lot of us have been burned on cars without clear titles. If at all possible you should try to find out who owned the car and get them to fill out a lost title form so you can get a title.

Dave

I have a title but have not had it put in my name. I work an hour from were I work so I would have to miss a full day of work basically to do that. But I understand the apprehension.

Back