Newport Royal Dash speaker

Joseph Burke

Reaction score
I'm going to be pulling the dash apart on the Newport here shortly it appears to have a single speaker in the center of the dash and I'd like to replace it when I have the dash a part anybody know what size it is or who sells a direct replacement

As an alternative, there was/is a guy on eBay who sold metal mounting brackets so that you can mount two small round modern speakers in the spot where the 4 x 10 goes. I could not find the one that I bought but there are other similar adapters out there.

As an alternative, there was/is a guy on eBay who sold metal mounting brackets so that you can mount two small round modern speakers in the spot where the 4 x 10 goes. I could not find the one that I bought but there are other similar adapters out there.
This was in a box of parts with a 72 Dodge I recently acquired, I'm guessing it's the front speaker mount? Sounds like it's kinda along the same lines as the custom bracket that you're talking about.
20180824_122931.jpg
20180824_122942.jpg

The pictured set-up was a somewhat common way to deal with adding a stereo radio where one wasn't, from the factory. I first sat that in the later '70s for Camaros and such. Put the two rear deck speakers in and use the two front ones to replace the speaker that came with the non-stereo radio. Still "4 speaker sound", but not quite the same as when the factory speakers were at the lower front edges of the windshield.

With an AM radio, just run them in parallel, or just use one.

CBODY67

Back