commando1

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
Definitely NOT mine.

NIB BACHMANN MOPAR OLYMPIC TEAM EXPRESS HO TRAIN SET 1992

00h0h_eb9cDPSWssM_600x450.jpg

00q0q_eVE48ZnPT0d_600x450.jpg

NOS NIB 1992 MOPAR CUSTOMER CARE OLYMPIC TEAM EXPRESS HO TRAIN SET FOR THE 1992 BARCELONA AND ALBERTVILLE OLYMPICS. PRODUCED BY BROOKFIELD COLLECTORS GUILD. NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE BOX.
SOLD NEW FOR $350.00 (still have the original order sheet from Chrysler).
COMPLETE WITH:
TACK AND POWER PACK
LIGHTED ENGINE
3 CARS
PERFECT FOR ANY TRAIN COLLECTOR OR MOPAR COLLECTOR
contact name :Stanley
call: ☎ (863) 453-6644
reply by email: [email protected]

>> AGAIN: This is NOT me.

That's nice, Stan. I can't believe you ordered that back in the day. You didn't strike me as a model train buff. Do you have just the one?:lol:

That's nice, Stan. I can't believe you ordered that back in the day. You didn't strike me as a model train buff. Do you have just the one?:lol:
I really wish I still had my old HO set as a kid.
The layout was in an unused room on two 4x8 sheets of 3/4 ply. :(

I have my grandfather's postwar Lionel (1952) and the original wood platform he built, although I have updated it with Realtrax.

NIB BACHMANN MOPAR OLYMPIC TEAM EXPRESS HO TRAIN SET 1992

View attachment 129384

View attachment 129385

NOS NIB 1992 MOPAR CUSTOMER CARE OLYMPIC TEAM EXPRESS HO TRAIN SET FOR THE 1992 BARCELONA AND ALBERTVILLE OLYMPICS. PRODUCED BY BROOKFIELD COLLECTORS GUILD. NEVER BEEN OUT OF THE BOX.
SOLD NEW FOR $350.00 (still have the original order sheet from Chrysler).
COMPLETE WITH:
TACK AND POWER PACK
LIGHTED ENGINE
3 CARS
PERFECT FOR ANY TRAIN COLLECTOR OR MOPAR COLLECTOR
contact name :Stanley
call: ☎ (863) 453-6644
reply by email: [email protected]

>> AGAIN: This is NOT me.

Are you firm on price?

So... Let's see... Pay $325 in 1992 for a collector train. Never use it or even open it. Just save it, because 25 years later, you will be selling it for $75.

So... Let's see... Pay $325 in 1992 for a collector train. Never use it or even open it. Just save it, because 25 years later, you will be selling it for $75.
It's been posted for 30 days so $75 might be high.
Counting for inflation you would have done better throwing the 300 out the window.
Buy it cheap now and in 25 years when chrysler is no longer a automobile name at all it will be worth $$$$

Last edited:
It's been posted for 30 days so $75 might be high.
Counting for inflation you would have done better throwing the 300 out the window.
Buy it cheap now and in 25 years when chrysler is no longer a automobile name at all it will be worth $$$$
I think a lot of that "collectible" stuff is worth pennies on the dollar for resale. The real collectible stuff is promotional junk that was given away and most of it was either played with or thrown away.

I have a couple diecast models that I bought because they were cool and I got a deal on them. Some Roadrunner toys for the same reason. Other than that, anything that I have that I feel is "collectible" is old dealer stuff.

Stan doesn't strike me as a train collector though.... He probably collects something though... We could all guess on that for fun.

My guess is old safety razors. Probably Gillettes. Got a Super Speed or two Stan?

I Googled the phone number and it makes more sense to me now.
The trainset is for sale by the owner of a Chrysler dealership in my town.
The owner, Stanley Wells, of Wells Chrysler is a train buff. In fact, he has a trainset that runs completely around the showroom.

Wells Motor Company | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Avon Park, FL 33825

"...in the showroom and going through the children's playroom and customer lounge, is the Wells Express. This G-scale model train adds a whimsical touch to the building and is the center of attention for the child in all of us."

I Googled the phone number and it makes more sense to me now.
The trainset is for sale by the owner of a Chrysler dealership in my town.
The owner, Stanley Wells, of Wells Chrysler is a train buff. In fact, he has a trainset that runs completely around the showroom.

Wells Motor Company | New Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram dealership in Avon Park, FL 33825

"...in the showroom and going through the children's playroom and customer lounge, is the Wells Express. This G-scale model train adds a whimsical touch to the building and is the center of attention for the child in all of us."
If he is a dealer, he did not pay retail. He might have even gotten it for free as a promotion. Based on my experience, $75 for an unused HO set that was realistic in design would be a decent price. Fantasy deco, like Mopar or your favorite football team would not get a second look by the train collector community, but by wives and children looking for something interesting for husbands and dads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back