For Sale Nice 1960 LeBaron- restore or wreck on Craigslist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why oh why people let treasures like that rot outside???

concur finn

00Z0Z_9aZ4hj4583O_600x450.jpg

00Z0Z_9aZ4hj4583O_600x450.jpg

Our neighbor (Old Man Joe) next door to my parents house when I was growing up in Milwaukee were as old as dirt when I was growing up (him and his wife were born in 18 something. Well, when I was a kid they were old people already. I never saw them drive anywhere ever....I didn't think they had a car. We still had a butcher shop on the corner and bakery across the street, and small local grocery stores all over the neighborhood....long before the big box grocery stores. Those neighbors walked everywhere they went and a used a red flyer to bring groceries and beer back to the house. I went into the Army in 1976 and about 4 or 5 years later my Dad said Old Man Joe next door died....he was 97 years old. My Dad sent me a picture of his 1948 Buick....being towed away...it was pristine with 9,000 miles on it. All those years growing up and I never knew the car was there.

Some people leave behind pristine barn finds and some people end up having them reclaimed by Mother Earth....I'll fix it up one day!

Note: He used to come out to my 1969 Super Bee and just stare at it when it was parked in front of the house.

Old Joe was born in 1883 or 1884 then.

He must have liked you Super Bee ... what color was it?

Good story Bob..... I bet you WISH you could have actually seen the car.

On the other side of that story. Where I grew up the neighbor had a 67 firebird convertible. Driver condition... After he died the kid who was about 10 years older than me covered it up with a tarp. That car sat there 10 years plus, long after we had moved. His answer for keeping the car was " it's not hurting anything and will only go up in value".
He said that with a straight face as it was rotting into the driveway.

Please don't stop doing that end of your moderating ...... so few guy post the link.... The ad.... and pics

Old Joe was born in 1883 or 1884 then.

He must have liked you Super Bee ... what color was it?

T3 Light bronze Metallic with a black vinyl top and a white Bumblebee stripe. Black interior.

Good story Bob..... I bet you WISH you could have actually seen the car.

On the other side of that story. Where I grew up the neighbor had a 67 firebird convertible. Driver condition... After he died the kid who was about 10 years older than me covered it up with a tarp. That car sat there 10 years plus, long after we had moved. His answer for keeping the car was " it's not hurting anything and will only go up in value".
He said that with a straight face as it was rotting into the driveway.

Yes. I was very surprised by the news.

Please don't stop doing that end of your moderating ...... so few guy post the link.... The ad.... and pics

should be the standard .. I'll post at least some pics when I click the link since i'm there anyway and posting pics is easy as hell if you are posting from a url

That's not moderating though. I just do it because its frustrating later and i know you guys appreciate it that have just come upon the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back