Nice looking car...

Gah! As soon as I saw this piece of "Automotive Jewelry" done to the highest possible standards I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the trim on the doors not lining up.

Then I saw more, trunk seal gap at the top of it, is this factory? Then I saw the electrical tape peeling on the wiring harness on the radiator support, no no, I'm going to stop looking. Don't ever hire me as a judge for a car show.

Then I saw more, trunk seal gap at the top of it, is this factory? Then I saw the electrical tape peeling on the wiring harness on the radiator support, no no, I'm going to stop looking. Don't ever hire me as a judge for a car show.

IIRC without checking the FSM trunk seal joint belongs at the bottom just like the Butyl seal on windshields, without the 'ahem' gap, duh, also I don't think Chineseium Gold colored bolts were available in the 50's.

1957PlymouthFury1.jpg
1957PlymouthFury15.jpg
Couple pics for posterity...

Being a Fury owner myself I can see a lot of over restored pieces. My car is a Hot rod what with the 440 and Econoline axle on the front so I'm not throwing any rocks. Much of the aluminum trim has been chromed and the anodizing on the grill is too shiny among other things. However it is still nice. P.S. My car was used as a gasser back in the 60's when no one wanted them and I saved it from going to the wreaking yard.

Clearly a great deal of effort went into restoring this example to a high, if not totally original Fury. Besides the driver side upper door to quarter trim, I was wondering whether the end wings on production rear bumper were supposed to be tilted up that much. It just looks wrong. But none the less, a beautiful car.

Being someone who never could develop that much pleasure out of completely torn down worked over cars my first thought is always how did it look like before and was all this really necessary.
I agree this is still a nice example and if you crave for one of These very early Furies you have to go for the few that turn up on the market, the low mileage untouched original will probably never turn up.

A real beauty. I wish I could have one someday....

As for the driver door, some photos looks like it is just not closed all the way, but then in other pics it looks misaligned. I'm not sure....

I noticed in the photos with the painted body on a rotisserie that the door hinges were painted installed. in theory, they should have got all the panels adjusted before this step.

Door adjustments are never easy, especially on a hardtop, but I'll bet this can be corrected with a couple hours of focused effort.

end wings on production rear bumper
were supposed to be tilted up that much. It just looks wrong.

And they are both "tilted" at different angles..
Lister provided in the advert a pic showing right and left side showing both at same time..

These bumper wing extensions were optional on the lesser models, seems to have been on all Furys I ever saw. Very desirable as they say, they do nothing for the clean lines of These cars if you ask me.

Back