No dash lights 60 Plymouth...

Fast Eddie B

Reaction score
I got the wiring diagram. Apparently no fuse. All head and tail lights work. No dash lights. Switch rotates 360 and does not engage interior lights but they work on the door switch’s.

Something is off with the headligh switch or the orange wire leaving there.

I have to remove the switch. Nothing in the service manual on switch removal.

Anyone know how to remove the headlight switch and any ideas on tracking down why they are no working?

Look for where the dash harness grounds. Might just be a bad light switch? Did this condition happen all of a sudden?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

I’m not sure i have driven the car in the dark till this spring! My guess is bad switch. But looking for wisdom on removing it before spending two hours under that dash breaking something!

Is there a separate panel dimmer?

I’d be willing to bet it’s the Reostat that controls the brightness of your instrument lights.

If you can figure out which wire feeds the lights, disconnect the wire from the switch and jumper it to a 12 volt source. If the lights work, then it's probably the switch.

Then if you know what terminals are what on the switch, you can do a continuity check with a multimeter. You might be able to clean the rheostat on the switch if you can get to it.

There's some vendors that rebuild switches and IMHO, having one rebuilt correctly gives you a better end product than a NOS switch that may or may not work.

Back