No heat from 69 plymouth fury

m0par0rn0car

Reaction score
I have no heat coming from any of the vents, the floor or the defrost. When I move the lever to control the temperature to warm it moves itself back to the middle, but even if I hold it on warm the air that comes out is still cold or just barley warm.

Help us help you, does it have a plain heater, or does it have Factory A/C.

did it ever work correctly since you owned the car? Or did this just start happening. Did you do anything to the car and this started or did it do it on its own?

did you just get this car?

Last edited:
Sounds like one or maybe two problems. The first one sounds like a binding temperature cable at the heater, or the blend door is jammed. You will have to remove the glove box to get access to the heater, disconnect the cable from the blend door and see which part is binding. After you get this corrected, run the car up to operating temperature, and feel both heater hoses. if one is way colder than the other one, you have a blockage in the system. Good luck and keep us posted.

You would also want to check if the vehicle has a thermostat installed, this time of year with cold temps, the car will never warm up. Should have a 180 stat, but sometime people remove them because the unit has failed.

Dave

Likely a bound or disconnected control cable, as stated by traintech. Be sure your coolant lever is as should be. It's a hot water heater and needs hot water to function.

Sounds like one or maybe two problems. The first one sounds like a binding temperature cable at the heater, or the blend door is jammed. You will have to remove the glove box to get access to the heater, disconnect the cable from the blend door and see which part is binding. After you get this corrected, run the car up to operating temperature, and feel both heater hoses. if one is way colder than the other one, you have a blockage in the system. Good luck and keep us posted.
I'll check the cable tonight but both heater core hoses are hot

You would also want to check if the vehicle has a thermostat installed, this time of year with cold temps, the car will never warm up. Should have a 180 stat, but sometime people remove them because the unit has failed.

Dave
I recently installed a new thermostat at 180 degrees

there are two bell cranks on the heater box. unhook the cables. work the dash levers to see if they move freely, then work the bell cranks to see if they move the doors without scraping or binding.

thanks everyone for your help, I checked all the crank handles under the dash and turns out that all three cables going to it are either broken or siezed. I disconnected all of them and ordered new ones so hopefully that was all that was wrong

I have no heat coming from any of the vents, the floor or the defrost. When I move the lever to control the temperature to warm it moves itself back to the middle, but even if I hold it on warm the air that comes out is still cold or just barley warm.
its either a pluged up heater ciore or the cable thet controls the water valve is bending when u push itto full hot . move the temperature lever to hot & then go under the hood & c if the control on the water valve is uopen if u dont have one feal both heater hoes they shoud both be hot .if hey r not (1 hot & 1 warm ) then the core is pluged up get a copy of the dealer(factory ) service(shop) manuel then it will tell u how tp remover the heatr box if it has ac u will haber drain the ac lines . but its way easyer to take the heater /ac box out & them would in it on tyhe bench than tring to do it with the box still in the car . now be ready for a big core most r DOUBLE cores 2 small cores made into 1 i would bet u have a plub]ged core though

Back