No Turn Signal on Rear Right Side

JayZ

Reaction score
No Turn Signal Or brake light on Rear Right Side. I do have running lights. Any ideas?

Take a test light and see if there is power to the terminal in the bulb socket, if the test light flashes, you have power. Next clean the socket with a small wire brush, the outer circumference of the socket provides the ground. A bad ground is the most common cause of a turn signal failing to light after a bad bulb. If this vehicle has a 4 way flasher incorporated into the turn signal switch, try cycling the 4 way, sometimes the contacts get corroded and one or more bulbs will not have a completed circuit.

Dave

90% of the time it is in your turn signal switch. If the switch did not return to center after a turn that exact thing will happen.

In the goofiness category, on my 72 Fury, I found that the PO had wired the right rear turn signal/brake to the front turn signal wire. Dim turn signal and no brake light. On the left rear, he got the wiring backward, which gave bright running light and dim to negligible turn signal/brake. Pulled the bumper, taillight wiring harness and instrument cluster to fix it all.

Back