No wipers or washer

Wojtek

Reaction score
On my 68 300 convertible the wipers and washer don't work. I have the optional 3 speed wiper. I'm wondering what's the most common or probable issue here. I'm not a fan of electronics and wiring and im hoping I can do it quick cause I have to get a out of province inspection done before I can register the car and put it in storage for the winter. I'm in Canada it snowed twice now in the last week.

Call competition insurance, brokers for Hagerty. I finally smartend up and went with them. 116 dollars a year CAD no safety requirements, I found that odd, however I 'm not questioning it. I have heard from guys who go the traditional route with out of province's, that they will scrutinize the hell out of the thing, better be sure everything is working. Also I am sort of confused, You're registering a vehicle just to store it?

I want it under my name legally. I've looked in to collectors insurance I can't do it till I'm over 25.

One of the drawbacks of being young, and the rates as they are set. As I said out of province inspections are rigorous, EVERYTHING must work, no serious rust, good brakes, hoses, lines, tires and much more. It would help if you knew someone who could do it. I don't think I know anyone that does out of province's, I'll inquire.

I just had a inspection done to see what I need it's ridiculous. Every single window needs to work and the top can't have a rip in it. Idk how people who restore cars have the time and money to actually get stuff back to new off the lot condition.

That's the thing, most people looking to drive an older car, buy an older car previously registered in their province to avoid the hassles of out of province's inspections. Those looking to"restore" a car need not worry, once the restoration is complete it will pass. A rip in the top affecting safety? Ok, insurance companies know best. I passed on this one a couple of springs ago due to it being a Saskatchewan car.
WP_20160503_19_24_02_Pro.jpg
WP_20160503_19_26_46_Pro.jpg
That and I'm more of a fuselage guy. However I couldn't help but look at this one. Luckily someone else bought it shortly after my vist

Back