For Sale NOS C Body Power Antenna Motor Assemblies (THREE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemiviper588

Reaction score
Contact seller
I have three different unknown part number NOS (New Old Stock)Mopar C body power antenna motor assemblies. $100.00 each plus $15.00 shipping to the USA.

rsz_img_7857.jpg

rsz_img_7858.jpg

I have three different unknown part number NOS (New Old Stock)Mopar C body power antenna motor assemblies. $100.00 each plus $15.00 shipping to the USA.
Hi......do you know if one of these goes to a 65 chrysler? If so.....I will buy it. Thanks-Arthur

I will consult with my expert as to whether these will fit my 70.......Help me Stan....:)

There was a discussion with examples about a month or so ago, I'm not remembering the details, but apparently the '70 has a strange short tube that keeps about 1/3 of the mast above the fender when it is in the down position. It may have to do with the placement over the inner fender well. I'm not sure if any of those pictured has the right tube, hopefully someone can add correct info....

There was a discussion with examples about a month or so ago, I'm not remembering the details, but apparently the '70 has a strange short tube that keeps about 1/3 of the mast above the fender when it is in the down position. It may have to do with the placement over the inner fender well. I'm not sure if any of those pictured has the right tube, hopefully someone can add correct info....
Power antenna question

Visually those are all front mount Imperial and/or New Yorker/Newport mid to late 70s. Each one has an extension for the top trim bezel so that the antenna could retract fully into the front fender.

Because there was no room in the front fender of 65 - 68 C bodies, most power antenna (except longer Imperials) were rear quarter panel mounted and had a different top and bezels mounting arrangements ultimately making them a little shorter. They also poked out of the body a bit. Also (and this is the real identifier), earlier power antennas had cad plated or unpainted motor housings - later ones like those pictured above had black motor housings.

They did start putting "shorty" power antennas in the front fenders of 67 and up C bodies that still poked out of the front fender because there was no room behind the inner fender and the firewall.

I will be able to post some better pics when I get home...

Below is the power antenna from my 66 Monaco.

IMG_0191.JPG

Last edited:
I will consult with my expert as to whether these will fit my 70.......Help me Stan....:)
I have absolutely zero reference to base my guesses on. You can't lump three very similar antennas together on a blank background and say, Here ya go...
I'd wager maybe 10 cents the one on the far left is a Formal antenna.

Have you put power to them to verify they can extend and retract?

Jeff, judging from the pics, do they look NOS or used to you.
Impossible to say accurately... I would take his word for it because it simply doesn't matter to me. The one on the right looks clean, the one on the left looks a bit weathered at the top, but I can't see witness marks (like a clean portion of the threads). Regardless, if they don't function correctly they're worth very little to me. I don't care about perfect originality and that flexible one in the other thread looked just fine to me... if replacement masts are available for it, I would call that a preferred part.

I have too many $100 paperweights as it is to buy one untested.

$100 each is a real good price for a NOS antenna and not a bad price for a good used antenna.

I'm thinking the center one is the same as mine, pm sent!
IMG_2305.JPG

Shorty 67-68 front fender super shorty power antenna and bezel (pokes out above the fender). I was considering using it in my 66 T&C front fender, but there still isn't enough room between the top of the inner fender and the fender to use the factory regular antenna hole. 67 and 68 had a bit more room I guess or they pushed the hole a little further back towards the firewall. I was also thinking of when I restore the car, to adapt it as a potential rear mount (like a non-wagon). Lots of room on the passenger side behind the spare tire, and easy access to service it there in the spare tire well. Things to think about!

67 power antenna.jpg

I thought I had more power antenna pics but I can't seem to find them.

There is lot's of information about rebuilding power antennas on the Imperial Owner's club website, inluding the use of heavy duty weed whipper line for the mast cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back