For Sale NOS Chrysler Pentastar Correct Metal Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moparply

Reaction score
Contact seller
NOS Chrysler Pentastar, correct early metal version, excellent condition, $75

Real Chrysler NOS from the 1960’s. This is assembly line correct.

Located in NJ

227C9CFE-3CA2-4083-90DD-7185F6FCEC03.jpeg

85566CD3-BFE9-4E49-9CCE-C2EDF9DD51F6.jpeg

For other members...
For posterity, I have a metal NOS pentastar on my car.
I did buy the $10.00 plastic repop but it does not compare to the real thing.
The seller's asking price is fair for the real deal.
Glws
Cheers

I managed to get a pair of metal ones for a lot less on eBay, but the seller didn't know what they had. Hard to find, and worth Moparply's asking price.

What year did Mopar change over to plastic? My '66 Imps. are Metal.

To the best of my knowledge they changed over to plastic stars right in the 66 models year. Not sure of exact day but all my years of buying NOS parts lean towards this. I have and still have several of both types with three different part numbers.

I always preferred the Gold one with the "crystal" Pentastar in it(only available in a few '60s Imperial Steering Wheel Centers) .That's the one I thought worth drilling 2 holes in the proper location on the right fender of the Pre-Pentastar Batwagon, lol

Hi gang. I pulled a couple stars and this is an example of Chryslers fluctuation in the parts division. The one on left is metal and the other is plastic. They both are in the original packaging with the same part number. They also had two earlier numbers which started with 24. These two carry the number 2785540. Its possible that the changed over in mid 66 to the plastic version. I don't know if this theory could ever be proven.

DSCN2988.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back