For Sale NOS dodge Magnum sheetmetal 1978 1979

Status
Not open for further replies.
The magnum door skins, fenders and quarters are the same as the cordoba based charger daytona

The magnum door skins, fenders and quarters are the same as the cordoba based charger daytona

No.

The door bulges are stamped on Magnums, painted on the Daytona Charger. Also had my Magnum side-by-side with a friend's '75 Cordoba and was surprised to see quite a bit more sheetmetal overhang forward of the front tire on the 'Doba. Don't know if that continued for '78/'79 (probably not).

They may be accented with paint on the daytona, but it is unique sheetmetal thats not shared with a regular charger.

Well I don't have one parked in front of me, but those Daytona models were an attempt to differenciate the luxury Cordoba from the "sporty" Charger using stripe tape and paint. I highly doubt the tooling dollars would be spent for unique doors on a sub-model.

More likely, the tape/paint job was done in the studio. Somebody liked it enough to make it into a tooling change when the budget was available in '78. Liked it so much they even changed the name to Magnum.

However it is correct that there were two Charger models in that era.. one a cheaper Coronet-based hardtop, the other based on the Cordoba with a B-post.

I looked at more pix, and it does appear that the charger daytona is a tape n paint deal to the regular sheetmetal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back