WANTED NOS/NORS or good used Vacuum Advance Unit 1967/383/4bbl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GG-1

Reaction score
Contact seller
IMG_4474.JPG
Dear Fellow Members,

I'm suddenly in need of an NOS or NORS vacuum advance canister unit for my 1967 Plymouth VIP 383 Commando 4bbl car. My dear GG is (dare I say it)... dry-docked currently, as I scour the interwebs ISO of this savior part.
Chrysler made them, Vulcan made 'em, I think Standard & Napa made them.. I'm sure others did too. I do not want poorly made Chinese reproductions. I would even consider a used, quality, functioning stock unit off a car or off your shelf.. a unit that has already been tested and holds vacuum 100%.

I do not know the part number. The number stamped on the lever arm is 9.5L

I do not know the unit specs for advance/retard vacuum range.
(please let me know if you do!)

See photo above for the failed unit I just pulled off the distributor. The unit I need must have this configuration in regards to lever arm position, etc.

Please let me know what you have.

Thanks and Warmest Regards,

Alex

Last edited:
Alex,

I'll look through my NOS parts collection and let you know by tomorrow. I have a few vacuum advance units but they too are specific for certain engines/distributors.

Alex,

I'll look through my NOS parts collection and let you know by tomorrow. I have a few vacuum advance units but they too are specific for certain engines/distributors.
Ok great, Thanks! I'm also looking for a good set of points, a condenser, cap, rotor, and lead wire(from coil to points) for the same car. I've heard on the forums that Blue Streak points were the best, so if you come across any of those things, and you are willing to part with them please let me know. (lol, you had me at "NOS Collection).

Last edited:
I rebuild distributors let me look for a advance, I have all the points and condensors in nos mopar and blue streak even have the nos mopar uni-points also. Cap and rotors have a few nos caps and some after market ones also. The lead are around but be prepared to pay for them they average around 25 or so on e bay. PM me with any needs. I also have some used oem caps that are in great shape and can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back