Nose Art

Reaction score
I had mentioned in the Heavy Metal thread that I’d create a thread for nose art of aircraft.
Here it is.

D3B94222-501C-49A2-A7D6-B2ACA36969DE.jpeg

I will start with Executive Suite, a B-25J that currently is operating with the Camarillo, California CAF wing.I will post a few more as I can.

Reply away!

tally marks
20201126_105219.jpg

nose art
20201126_151450.jpg

currently in operation in the Eastern Quadrant (23-v) of FOB Garlando, DFW Reigon. Picture taken just after a routine recon mission - note the deployed triangle vents.

The bottom pic is the P-61 Black Widow (WWII night fighter).
The top pic looks more like a P-38.
I could be wrong.......

Here is Sentimental Journey, a B-17G that is operated by the Arizona Wing of the CAF. I had the pleasure of riding on this aircraft this year when it stopped in Sioux Falls on its tour.

D9A624F4-D76A-4959-BA20-059B3037C369.jpeg

Sempre Fi, a Marine Corps B-25 that is operated by the Camarillo wing of the CAF.
I personally have seen this aircraft and it is beautiful.
I worked with now Congressman Mike ‘Ponch’ Garcia (R-CA) while I was at Raytheon. Mike’s grandfather flew in these in the pacific theater during WWII. I had told Mike about the aircraft and he and his family later visited it prior to the completion of its last restoration.

link: North American PBJ Mitchell

C419B034-5D38-43DA-AF9A-66DCC5BE95DA.jpeg

We have a T-6 Trainer up at the Airport near here. The plane has been up there since 2007 and the owner of it (who has since passed)sold the plane to a friend of mine and is still keeping it with us up at the airport. I don't have a picture of the real plane but however before he gave up being the FBO at our airport, while he was clearing out his stuff he gave me an identical 1/3 scale replica that a local model airplane club built from scratch. Actually has a 9 cyl radial engine in it. The club only flew it a few times because they were afraid of crashing it, destroying hours and hours of intense work. They even copied the Nose Art that's on the real plane! If I get a chance and see my friend up there, I'll get a picture of the real Nose Art. But for now here is the 1/3 Scale model hanging in my game room at home.

20201213_103434.jpg

20201213_103259.jpg

We have a T-6 Trainer up at the Airport near here. The plane has been up there since 2007 and the owner of it (who has since passed)sold the plane to a friend of mine and is still keeping it with us up at the airport. I don't have a picture of the real plane but however before he gave up being the FBO at our airport, while he was clearing out his stuff he gave me an identical 1/3 scale replica that a local model airplane club built from scratch. Actually has a 9 cyl radial engine in it. The club only flew it a few times because they were afraid of crashing it, destroying hours and hours of intense work. They even copied the Nose Art that's on the real plane! If I get a chance and see my friend up there, I'll get a picture of the real Nose Art. But for now here is the 1/3 Scale model hanging in my game room at home.

View attachment 422654

View attachment 422655
Nice!
That nose art could be on Sesame Street when they plug ‘Today, Sesame Street is brought to you by the number 3’ - NOT...

Yankee Lady is a B-17G–110–VE owned by trhe Yankee Air Museum at Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti, MI. It frequently flies over my house during the summer as I live on ti's flight path. I've seen it up close a few times as well at the museum with my son when he was a youngster.
yankee-lady-mike-swedenberg.jpg

Back