Not a C but very bizarre...65 Coronet 383HP 3-speed for sale in PA

Gone are the snow tires and white mud flaps
DSC05534.JPG

View attachment 397892 P20575R14 = 7:75 -14 not very big meats
With the factory skinny rims the new tires look respectable. I am digging the whitewalls too.

If you had a set of 14x6 steelies you can opt for a 21570r14. To fill up the wheel openings and still retain the factory wheel covers
I bet the 383 has noooo problem turning them over LOL
CHEERS!

That option would require the purchase of 4 new tires, 4 new rims plus mounting and balancing. For what, I already look "respectable", not like some street corner hoo&&&. Had I put P27560R15 on magnum, someone might have found fault and then i'd feel bad.

Leave it alone.
It appears to me the car is 100% stock, yes?
Even putting on different wheels and tires slowly nudges it down the mods rabbit hole.
If you start changing things around then just throw the shifter onto the floor, too.

Leave it alone.
It appears to me the car is 100% stock, yes?
Even putting on different wheels and tires slowly nudges it down the mods rabbit hole.
If you start changing things around then just throw the shifter onto the floor, too.

it stays the way it is. Iam putting new gas tank on, had the carb rebuilt and sending distributor out for cleaning. hoping it runs better, Oh I forgot, new clutch arrived today so when I get time. I do have a question for everyone. Do I leave the engine bay looking like pig sty or clean grease and crap up.?
DSC05356.JPG
DSC05357.JPG

If you want to detail the engine you can remove it & the bellhousing combination without touching the hood if you remove the steering center link, secondary latch on the hood, & radiator. I would replace the valve stem seals which will be petrified & check the valve springs which may be weak. You should be able to get it running like a top with those low miles. Highly likely your heater control valve will be a leaker, there are a few places that rebuild them, it will be a Ranco brand if original.

it stays the way it is. Iam putting new gas tank on, had the carb rebuilt and sending distributor out for cleaning. hoping it runs better, Oh I forgot, new clutch arrived today so when I get time. I do have a question for everyone. Do I leave the engine bay looking like pig sty or clean grease and crap up.?View attachment 398029 View attachment 398030
Clean her up and leave it as is.
They are original only once.
Sure do the perishables and mechanical stuff to make her run better and be reliable.

What he said ^^^

I have found that Simple Green works well. You might want to use that.
A toothbrush and/or a nylon scrub brush or parts cleaning brush also help in heavily built up areas.

I agree 100%...also use small paint brushes to gently clean into all the nooks and crannies.

Car looks great and so glad it is staying all original!!

Back