For Sale Not afraid of a little fire??? ‘73 Imperial

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard to tell from the crappy photos, but it doesn't look like the BBQ was that big under the hood. Just on the RH side of the carb. Maybe the rubber fuel line came loose or something....see what happens when you use hoses for fuel on top of the engine?

BBQ IMP.png

I’d really bet the biggest worry would be if the fire suppressant got sucked down in the engine...heard it does some bad stuff.

Uuuum.Considering there are probably, i might be wrong guys you all would no more than i,440,s are relatively common.Just get a used power train and you have a new Imp.If i had the balls i would take my credit cards and throw them at a garage and say Fix it,call me when it,s done.My favorite Chryslers really are the fusey Imps. I love the formal era,but this 69 to73 Imperials are unique.B.B

Who would take that to a salvage yard? Body is mint.

They had it insured and the insurance company totaled the car and took it to sell for what they could. Copart auctions are typically 80 - 90% insurance company "salvage" cars.

If it were close by I'd take a chance on it. Pull the carb and intake, look down the intake area. A few days of tinkering and Ill bet you'd have a cool driver.

I totally agree. This car could be driving for probably $300. It really didn't "cook" all that much....air cleaner (maybe), carburetor, wires, under-hood insulation, touch up the burn mark on the hood...….drive it!

Hopefully somebody who appreciates it will get it before a derby takes notice! Hell, I'd even be satisfied if Lakeland Lash picks it up.

I burned my 78 Lebaron up pretty bad in 2014. I left it on the side of the road overnight. Came back the next day fired it up and drove it home. It sounded exactly like Christine after she killed Buddy. Mopars dont die easy.

They had it insured and the insurance company totaled the car and took it to sell for what they could. Copart auctions are typically 80 - 90% insurance company "salvage" cars.

Est. Retail Value:$8,000 USD, lets watch this one and see if the ConPart shills bid it up.

It's up on the auction block. If possible someone should grab it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back