For Sale Not mine: 1959 Chrysler 300E

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrashingcows

Reaction score
Contact seller
Came across this beauty today....just an hour south of my location if anyone is interested.

$_59.jpg

1959 Chrysler 300E | Classic Cars | Quesnel | Kijiji

So, prices for Letter 300s are declining?, maybe I'll be able to afford a 300C someday.

Could you imagine purchasing this car for almost 40k with the intent to remove the drive train and modify the car into a street rod like mentioned earlier last week.

I have read the description and looked at the pictures and find no reference to the grill. Have I missed something?

It's not supposed to be red. Pretty sure the turn signal lights are red too, opposed to amber. And the 6x9 grills on the package tray don't look so hot. Other than those few mods it appears to be a very stock looking restoration. And one heck of a deal! Beautiful car!

To the best of my memory the grill etc is correct so I went onto google and checked. All 1959 300's I found had red grill and turn signal lens.
1959-chrysler-300e.jpg

I stand corrected. It looks out of place given the car's rather neutral paint. Would look sharp on a black car. I thought that it would've been gold or chrome. I thought wrong.

That'z O.K. I voted for Barry Goldwater way back too, lol

Well I didn't vote for him, I don't even know who that is! I'll assume it's a U.S. politician. Oh crap, assuming isn't really working for me in this thread!

Also, to the best of my memory on the rear speaker grills. They are correct. I found two pictures on 1959 300's interior and both have the black speaker grills. Here is one of them. At my age (59) I'm glad that I remember correct sometime (tell my Fiancee that).
For Sale at Auction: 1959 Chrysler 300 in Scottsdale, Arizona

I stand corrected once again. That seems like an odd treatment for a stock design. They look like typical aftermarket 6x9 grills, I can imagine they are anything but, and very specific to the model. I should stick to what I know, fuselages.

Well I didn't vote for him, I don't even know who that is! I'll assume it's a U.S. politician. Oh crap, assuming isn't really working for me in this thread!

Well then I will ask you if you know Hubert Humphry? He ran for President in 1968 if I remember correctly. I went to a former three story food cannery in Columbus WI. this is called "Columbus Antique Mall" It has hundreds of booths with different items. One of the booths had a "Humphry" bumper sticker and the other is a "JFK for President". $3 each, so I had them copied in color and my friend laminated a few. So I will put these two in the back window of my '59 Imperial and '66 Toronado later this year. I will keep the originals away from the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back