SOLD Not Mine 1960 Chrysler 300F 2dr Hardtop - $69,500 - Torrance, Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
Contact seller
I know it's a dealership listing...but damn...:wideyed:
At the time of posting - Current Bid $52,525 , Time Left - 3d 14h | Friday, 1:07AM
Buy It Now - $69,500

1960 Chrysler 300F 2dr Hardtop - $69,500 - Torrance, California

eBay Description

VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 8403110698 Mileage: 0

West Coast Classics are proud to present an exceptional and rust free and great daily driving survivor of this very rare and desirable 1960 Chrysler 300F Letter Series 2 door Hardtop Coupe with its original and highly desirable and legendary High Performance 413 CID 2x 4BBL 375 HP V8 'Long Ram' Wedge-Type engine with rebuilt dual Carter 4 bbl carburetors and legendary A-727 HD Torqueflite automatic push-button transmission; a car which was extremely powerful for its day and which had become the basis for a successful racing engine in Chrysler's future and cemented Chrysler's reputation for engineering great engines that would serve Chrysler well in various forms for the next 20 years.
This particular car was reportedly recently restored and is a rare and virtually completely stock surviving example of an obviously always garaged car with no signs of any accident damage and a straight and honest body with absolutely no rust. One of only 964 300F Letter Series coupes built in 1960 and marketed by Chrysler as quite simply 'America's most powerful car' and 'The High Performance Luxury Chrysler.

$_57.JPG
$_57-2.JPG
$_57-3.JPG
$_57-4.JPG
$_57-5.JPG
$_57-6.JPG
$_57-10.JPG
$_57-7.JPG
$_57-8.JPG
$_57-9.JPG

A very nice looking car, so I'll give the dealer a half-pass on the jumbled write-up. There's a little bit of conflicting information between "reportedly recently restored" and "survivor":

"Again, importantly this is a seemingly all original and stock surviving car which has its original 413/375HP Long Ram V8 ..."

"This particular car is a true survivor which was obviously always garaged..."

"The original 'Alaskan White' (Code W) factory color paint is in quite exceptional condition and the car has a beautiful all original Tan leather specs ..."

I do see some paint overspray in the jambs though....

No, this is not @saforwardlook 's but he may be familiar with this one...

A very nice looking car, so I'll give the dealer a half-pass on the jumbled write-up. There's a little bit of conflicting information between "reportedly recently restored" and "survivor":

"Again, importantly this is a seemingly all original and stock surviving car which has its original 413/375HP Long Ram V8 ..."

"This particular car is a true survivor which was obviously always garaged..."

"The original 'Alaskan White' (Code W) factory color paint is in quite exceptional condition and the car has a beautiful all original Tan leather specs ..."

I do see some paint overspray in the jambs though....

No, this is not @saforwardlook 's but he may be familiar with this one...

Actually, I have never seen this car that I can recollect but I do agree with the conflicting language. It does seem like a pretty nice car though.

It also seems to be on Ebay now as well......................

1960 Chrysler 300F 2 Door Hardtop 413/375HP V8 | eBay

Also, seeing that all the power windows work suggests the car has been at least sorted out some. With 131 Ebay sales, the seller has 100% feedback which is worth something in terms of integrity of what they are listing.

The language in the Ebay listing does say it has been restored some, so that explains why it looks pretty nice and maybe why the odometer reading isn't available.

Not having a/c makes it a less of a maintenance issue to contend with so it seems like the price is in the ballpark, although these cars' pricing is hard to pin down in these times.

Last edited:
Those are some great pictures! Might make some good screensavers or similar.

CBODY67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back