For Sale Not Mine: 1965 Chrysler Newport 4 door

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUPORT

Carpe Diem Cras
Reaction score
Contact seller
(I'm actually ashamed to post this, because it's where I live, and someone is high, in more ways than one.)

1965 Chrysler Newport

00b0b_kqqKU3JyGKV_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_bwjXFZPKfzF_1200x900.jpg

00V0V_3X6bySV8EEC_1200x900.jpg

00808_9JoFGYFUNh1_1200x900.jpg

00D0D_bVA8EIpgDTR_1200x900.jpg

00w0w_aObSbGoRwUn_1200x900.jpg

00707_3MIwdzpyTCC_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_6M5KRx1JdqG_1200x900.jpg

1965 Chrysler Newport

fuel: gas
odometer: 38000
title status: clean
transmission: automatic

1965 Chrysler Newport 383 Motor, Auto, Power Steering -4BBL Edelbrock Carb,
3Spd Torqueflite Transmission, Power Brakes, Front Bucket Seats with custom console, Rear seat reupholstered to match, New paint, fender skirts, nice original chrome.
I would also mention that there are power windows but only drivers door currently working and there is AC that is not currently working. I would also mention there is a boss navigation system with AM/FM Bluetooth touchscreen it’s not currently working.
New battery, New drive shaft.

• Yeah, there's also a pricing and value estimate he should mention that isn't working.

A lot of stuff not working.....but it has a new battery!

:eek::eek::eek:

This probably a Miracle $99 paint job, nice color, horrible application. Overpriced by about A$5k.

Dave

Going by the firewall, the current paint finish seems to be a metalflake version of its original color. Guess it's better than some weird, custom finish. Not a fan of the wheels, but they're better than outsized ghetto wheels I guess. It sounds pretty nice though, and the engine compartment looks pretty good, although a couple non-stock things are there. Intrigued about the buckets/custom console, which is boasted about, yet not shown in either photos or video.

Going by the firewall, the current paint finish seems to be a metalflake version of its original color. Guess it's better than some weird, custom finish. Not a fan of the wheels, but they're better than outsized ghetto wheels I guess. It sounds pretty nice though, and the engine compartment looks pretty good, although a couple non-stock things are there. Intrigued about the buckets/custom console, which is boasted about, yet not shown in either photos or video.

Car is well into resto-mod territory. Under hood fender wells, lower part of the firewall and top of the core support should be the same color as the body. Missing stock air cleaner, has after market brake booster and Master Cylinder for disc brakes(?). Engine should be turquoise. Missing A/C condenser and the high side line to it (Might be why it does not work!), So the rest of the A/C system is likely junk from being left open to atmosphere. Even with the orange peel, the appears to be significant bondo underneath (lower rear quarters). Custom wheels do nothing for this car hard to imagine the custom interior and console are going to do much either.

Dave

I think the corduroy is unique, as is the console, but it doesn't look like it even matches.

Agreed, but this is clearly a resto-mod car. This car would be a driver with some additional repair, but is still way over priced. Seller spent a lot of money to do a lot of stuff wrong.

Dave

This seems typical of the aspiring flipper. Enters the market by finding a car that he can afford. Then do some cosmetics that he thinks will appeal to others. That is others like him since he made the choices which automatically limits his market drastically. Now put it on the market at probably double and hope for the best... someone less smart than him. These cars are all over Craigslist week after week.

Aftermarket trio of gauges hanging below the dash to bang your knee on.
Those wheels,,, ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back