(NOT mine) 1966 New Yorker Town Sedan (eBay)

Imperialist67

FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't normally post eBay listings, but this one LOOKS like a good deal and I wanted to share for anyone who might be out that way. ..... Somehow this NM car has managed to retain nice interior fabric/vinyl (both gold), which kinda indicates the 36K claimed mileage just..... might...... be correct. Looks well option'ed and has a 440. If I didn't already have a gold New Yorker I'd be pretty tempted. Hope it finds a good home.

1966 Chrysler New Yorker | eBay

That car must have been garaged or at least kept under a carport all it's life.

The interior is much nicer than the same color interior in my '66 New Yorker was when I bought it 39 years ago.

Jeff

Wow!
A six window New Yorker has to be rare. Most seem to be Newports or Dodge Custom 880s.
Super clean looking well equipped car. And I’ll bet that paint would come back to life with a good detail job.

Nice solid looking car that has some options. I noticed the tilt-o-scope wheel, power windows and A/C. Someone with some buffing skills could probably wake up that original paint. Depending on the bidding, this could be a deal.

That one has been on Hemmings for a few months for $13k if I remember correctly. It has a reserve on it too. I'm sure that paint would come back with some Meguiar's show glaze.

V.png
L.png
I.png

S.png
R.png
M.png
H.png

G.png

What is that color? Moss Gold Poly or Spice Gold Poly. Both look like primer gray in the photos. Too bad there are no under the hood or in the trunk photos.
Looks like he added his own flasher system.

Actually, I believe that is the tan interior, not gold, the way it looks to me. Looking at the eBay pictures, the paint on the instrument panel and the color of the carpet looks just like our '66 Newport 6-Window Town Sedan with the tan cloth interior. Hope the interior is not all dry-rotted! It needs to lead a pampered life in the future to keep it as nice as it appears to be. Hope it finds a good, pampering, home!

From looking at the production figures, ANY 1965-66 6-Window C-body is "rare" in comparison to normal 4-dr sedan/hardtop production. Seems like the production figures for our '66 Newport 6-Window Town Sedan was something like 20K?

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Last edited:
That interior looks to be "saddle bronze", the same as my Windsor. That looks to be a steal of a price, under $5000 with 16h to go on the auction. I wish there were some underhood, trunk and undercarriage pics, but it certainly shows well.

A friend just sent me a link to this one. A Canadian-built 66 NYer Town Sedan, black with blue interior, 44K miles, garage kept, $15k CDN.

Back