Contact seller
At time of posting - Current bid: $5,100 Time left:2d 04h Friday, 10:29AM

1968 Chrysler 300 Convertible - eBay Auction - Fort Worth, Texas

eBay Description
VIN - CM27K8C119545 Mileage: 20831
Exterior Color: Antique Ivory
Make: Chrysler Interior Color: Black
Engine: 440 V8

Only 2161 of these full-sized convertibles were built in 1968, so it's doubly important to get one with all its trim intact like this one.

There's definitely a sporty attitude inside, where a black vinyl split-bench looks just like a pair of bucket seats that flank a center console, almost as if there was some Mopar performance DNA running through the 300's veins. The handsome seats wear correct seat covers, there are nice black carpets on the floor, and the door panels are so nice they make us think they may be reproductions that were recently installed. Looking past the console, you'll also find luxury features like air-conditioning (needs to be serviced), machined metal and other bright trim accents, and a big, wide dashboard that's pure 1960s slick. The back seat may very well be original and remains in great condition and also has a kind of bucket seat look of its own thanks to the rear speaker for the original AM/FM stereo system. And speaking of the stereo, the original unit is still in the dash, but it has been supplanted by a modern AM/FM/CD/AUX head unit that was installed under the dash, just ahead of the cup holders in the middle console. There's also power windows and a power top, and the black convertible top is brand new, fits well, and offers a glass rear window and matching black boot for a neat presentation when it's stowed away. Out back, there's a gigantic truck that's lined with a period-correct plaid mat and houses an original jack kit.

With endless reserves of torque and a willingness to run hard, the 375 horsepower big block shrinks the size of the car for the guy behind the wheel, making this luxury ragtop feel downright agile. Some of that credit is undoubtedly due to Chrysler's innovative torsion bar front suspension, which was actually a better idea that worked rather well. The 3-speed TorqueFlight automatic is still a reliable link in the powertrain and it feeds the original rear end with highway-friendly gears inside. From the air cleaner to the valve covers, the engine is stock, but then again, when something runs this well, most folks leave well enough alone. The steel wheels and turbine-style hubcaps offer a classic look, and they're wrapped in 215/75/14 blackwall radials.

$_57-7.JPG
$_57.JPG
$_57-8.JPG
$_57-6.JPG
$_57-5.JPG
$_57-9.JPG
$_57-3.JPG
$_57-2.JPG
$_57-11.JPG
$_57-10.JPG

Last edited:
You can tell that this car is embarrassed that it doesn’t have whitewalls.

Looks like the showroom at Streetside Classics, FW.

I think this car has been advertised for a while. I think on the Streetside Classics site, for around $30k. It sticks out in my memory because it is so similar to my car, even the same color HH1, Antique Ivory. Repainted, missing the accent stripe and Chrysler trunk badge. Terrible boot replacement. It does have the original style 14 inch wheel covers.

Last edited:
What are the vacuum canisters for that are mounted on the passenger side wheel well? For ATC? I have manual A/C, and the only vacuum canister I have is mounted inside the front fender for the trunk release.

You can tell that this car is embarrassed that it doesn’t have whitewalls.
Either the tires need to be swapped for something with whitewalls, or the wheels need to be replaced with Magnums (not sure if they were 14's or 15's in '68), either would be an improvement.

Magnums were only 14” in ‘68 for the 300. The 15” inch wheel was required for the disc brake option and had a 15” wheel cover.

Personally I like the for sale ads that get posted here but I don't think we should be giving the rip off classic car dealers any free advertising here. Just my opinion. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back