NOT MINE Not Mine 1968 Dodge Polara 4dr Hardtop - $7,000 - Piedmont, Calif.

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-revorNobody

Reaction score
This car is not mine, just found it on and am posting it here…
At the time of posting, this CL listing is 16 hours old.

1968 Dodge Polara 4dr Hardtop - $7,000 - piedmont, California

CL Description
I have a 1968 Dodge Polara Hardtop that I've been tinkering with for a while, and it is time to find a new home. The car was a daily driver of mine for several years, but since has devolved into a bit of a project. The car was a factory 383 2 barrel car. Right now it has a rebuilt 383 with custom built Megasquirt fuel injection setup, and a 4L80E 4 speed automatic transmission with a Microsquirt controller. I was building it into a 'modern' muscle car, and going for a solid cruiser for long road trips. Unfortunately, I am having reliability troubles with the fuel injection system (hence the 'project' aspect of the car). If it would run right, this would be a killer cruiser, as it is geared for the freeway. I have previously taken it on long road trips (before the fuel injection swap) and it is a great cruiser, rides very smooth and solid. It has a custom dual exhaust which sounds great.

The body is in overall good shape. No major dents, rust, or body damage. I painted it Red about 10 years ago, and the paint is still holding up nicely. It came with a vinyl top, which has subsequently been removed and the roof treated with rust preventative measures. The interior is in good shape, front and rear bench seats. Headliner is shot. I put in a new carpet and Dynamat sound deadening. It has a brand new vintage air aftermarket air conditioning setup. Everything is in place except for the air conditioning compressor and lines. Again, a project I was in the middle of. The front suspension has been rebuilt has has a new steering gear, and is solid.

I am listing at $7,000, but a certainly willing to entertain offers due to the project nature of the vehicle and the buyer's intentions. It is a solid foundation for a cool driver, or could be turned into a vintage highway patrol car. I have several thoughts and guidance on what to do with the fuel injection setup to make it a reliable runner; however I cannot justify putting more time and money into the car. I have too many other projects at the moment. Email me with your phone number so I can answer questions and give more detail. I can also send more pics and info.

Polara3.jpg
Polara5.jpg
Polara6.jpg
Polara2.jpg
Polara1.jpg
Polara4.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting combination of components! GM OD automatic with a 2.76 rear axle ratio (as ratio change was not mentioned) would make the OD unuseable until about 60+mph. Which might be the issue with the EFI system? Especially depending upon which cam was in the engine. Perhaps a factory air cleaner might make it look more like a "sleeper"? One which would suddenly "wake up" with a 3.55 rear axle ratio? No pics of the interior . . .

Could be a pretty neat car, especially with some VN501s and some tuning tweaks?

Enjoy!
CBODY67

Love the pics of the Polara at my place of work (Chapel of the Chimes) the upper section behind the mausoleum on Howe St., I see the flags are on display so it must be Memorial Day, 4th. of July, or Veteran's Day, these pictures were taken some time before 2018 because those two houses in the background are at the present time being totally remodeled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back