NOT MINE NOT MINE - 1969 Police Interceptor for Parts

saforwardlook

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is the listing from Facebook, located in California: 1969 Polara Police Interceptor PARTING OUT

_nc_ohc=pxu6f8_vj48AX-StePR&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=m7LNxPMSfb4AX9GAUS5&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

• Condition
    Used - Good
Parting out this 1969 Police Interceptor Dodge polara Drivetrain is not for sale Hood and passenger fender are dented Seat and dash in very good shape Message me with what your looking for. No shipping unfortunately Located in Elverta CA

Thanks for posting Steve!
I know people who would certainly be interested in the interior. They have a '69 Polara Interceptor @fc7_plumcrazy with rotten seats ect. Unfortunately, the seller writes that he will not ship anything. So it's pretty hopeless to get some of it here to Germany, if they were interested?

I may be looking at this one with a friend tomorrow. It is a genuine CHP car.

Alan

Thanks for posting Steve!
I know people who would certainly be interested in the interior. They have a '69 Polara Interceptor @fc7_plumcrazy with rotten seats ect. Unfortunately, the seller writes that he will not ship anything. So it's pretty hopeless to get some of it here to Germany, if they were interested?
I was pretty sure @MrMoparCHP would be on it very quickly so lets see what he comes up with and go from there..............................that is in the Sacramento, CA area that is around 500 miles away from me and folks will likely pounce on it quickly.

I hope Carsten is doing OK as I do not see him on this site much anymore and haven't talked with him lately.

I think Carsten is fine and (as usual) always busy traveling to every US auto show he could get to ;)

Apparently there has been a large interest in buying the car complete (with engine) and he likely going that route which is great. We may still go look at it for reference.

Alan

Apparently there has been a large interest in buying the car complete (with engine) and he likely going that route which is great. We may still go look at it for reference.

Alan
Of course, it would be best if the car was allowed to live on as a whole.
With such ads, I'm never sure how up-to-date the photos are and whether the engine is actually still in there...

The car was under a house that was about to collapse, he purchased the car to put the engine in his Challenger.

These were from pour cell phone screen captures
Img_0334.jpeg

Img_0335.jpeg

Img_0336.jpeg

Alan

What happened to the trunk lid? Seems they pulled it against something?

As mentioned a friend of a friend is buying this car to restore as a fully equipped and marked CHP car that it was.
My friend and i went up to preview the car for his friend.

The car is overall in very good shape, was not stored outside or in a wet environment.
IMG_0768.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0782.JPG

IMG_0771.JPG

Based on stuff in the car it appears the car was parked sometime about 1974.

The door panels were perfect.
The dash pad was perfect.
The floor mat was perfect.
The hood pad was perfect.
IMG_0825.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

IMG_0792.JPG

Alan

Alan,
First off, thank you very much for sharing these pictures! The car looks to be very solid. I for one am very happy that your friend of a friend was able to aquire this vehicle whole! This is an excellent example of CHP history. If at all possible it would be cool to hear how this project comes along, thank you again for all the pictures, and information!
Rick

With everything you learned from your fantastic restoration, you're going to be the new owner's biggest asset.
This will not be his first CHP 69 Polara restoration but he will defiantly be checking with both my friend and me for some stuff, we learned a lot since the last one.

Alan

I think Carsten is fine and (as usual) always busy traveling to every US auto show he could get to ;)

unfortunatly I have a lot of stuff on my plate non car related.

But I try to drive to car shows to get my head clean once in a while:thumbsup:

Carsten

Back