For Sale NOT MINE = 1970 Dodge Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

boostedvan

Reaction score
Contact seller
Looks to be a fairly complete car, and an early build car as well. Has PW, A/C, power seat, rear defrost,cruise, fender mounted turn signals, etc.

1970 Dodge Monaco

Hope it gets saved by someone here.

00l0l_1fLpbQ3RYNM_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_2XmSbMklziy_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_bi8naYRjxKd_1200x900.jpg

00H0H_hthegrB6O6l_1200x900.jpg

LOTS of nice stuff there, but also some areas that need attention. It NNEDS a good home, for sure.

CBODY67

I like everything about these cars except those dashboards.

Care to elaboroate a bit? It might save me a trip down south in the next couple of days.
I wasnt expecting rust in the roof.

That means water has been getting inside. I see a trunk mat too. That's probably not good either. Wasnt aware the passenger door was hammered.

It's all fixable stuff...just not what I was expecting to see.

I wasnt expecting rust in the roof.

That means water has been getting inside. I see a trunk mat too. That's probably not good either. Wasnt aware the passenger door was hammered.

It's all fixable stuff...just not what I was expecting to see.

Wow... you disagreed what I have room for?

Major projects like this are all money pits but shouldn't dissuade anyone really looking for a project. This car has potential to be fabulous when complete. The Fratzog bumper made my heart skip a beat.

First glance at the lh side picture, looks really nice. Headliner should be a maintenance issue, as it's just a bit past "fragile", but could be patched for the time being. Same with the vinyl roof. As noted, the rh side has its issues, yet the pain on the deck lid is still good for its age, and the nameplate is really nice. Would need a parts car and some cut/fab skills to do it up right.

I concur that it would be fabulous when done, especially as so much already there, unmolested, is really nice and cleanable/refurbishable.

The way the seat inserts are configured, with additions to the sides (as the pictures indicate), plus power, make them VERY comfortable and supportive when driving. It it had a tilt wheel, all the much better (even though the tilt option came with a rim blow wheel).

Worst thing to me about the instrument panel, is that the speaker grille in the padded dash is a pattern of perforations, which CAN crack with age.

FEW projects turn out to not be "money pits", by observation. With some W23s or the '76 Charager SE 15x6.5 Rallyes, this one would be low production AND Classy. It needs a good home, for sure. Hope it finds one!

CBODY67

I like the car, it's loaded as far as I'm concerned. Sucks I don't have the cash and it's so far away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back